Axios Charlotte Giveaway Sweepstakes 2023
We love our followers.
To say thank you for all of your support, we occasionally team up with our awesome partners to host giveaways on Instagram. All you have to do to participate is comment on a giveaway within the entry period stated in giveaway’s Instagram post (follow us here so you don’t miss any). From there, we’ll pick a winner at random and send a DM their way with the news.
When a giveaway closes, we’ll update the post on Instagram to let you know.
By participating in any of our Instagram giveaways, you agree to be bound by our Instagram Giveaway Sweepstakes Rules.
AXIOS CHARLOTTE INSTAGRAM GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES RULES
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning.
- Eligibility. Axios Charlotte’s Instagram Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Axios IG Sweepstakes”) are open only to legal residents of North Carolina and South Carolina who are 21 or older at the time of entry. Employees of Axios Media Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and their immediate families (i.e., spouses, parents, siblings, and children) and household members, are not eligible to enter. Participation is void where prohibited by law.
- Entry Period. The Axios IG Sweepstakes consist of multiple, individual prizes and giveaways (each a “Giveaway”). Each Giveaway will be announced via an Instagram post (each a “Giveaway Post”). For each Giveaway, entries can be submitted during the period specified in the applicable Giveaway Post (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for each Giveaway.
- How to Enter. Post a comment on the Giveaway Post during the Entry Period to be entered to win the prize. There is no limit on the number of Giveaways you can enter or win during the Axios IG Sweepstakes, but you can only enter a specific Giveaway once; posting multiple comments under a single Giveaway Post will not increase your odds of winning that prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Drawing. For each Giveaway, one (1) potential winner will be selected at random from all the entrants received during the Entry Period. The drawing will be held within five (5) business days of the end of the Entry Period.
- Notification. Potential winners will be notified by direct message (“DM”) through the Instagram platform within five (5) business days of the drawing. To claim the applicable prize, the potential winner must reply to the DM notice within five (5) days of the date it is sent and provide the Sponsor with any information it reasonably requests. Sponsor is not responsible for any potential winner’s failure to receive the DM notice for any reason, including but not limited to technical issues within the Instagram platform. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, elects to forfeit the prize, or is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will, at its option, either (a) select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries for the applicable prize; or (b) donate the prize to charity.
- Prizes. The prize for each Giveaway will be specified in the applicable Giveaway Post. The approximate retail value/fair market value (ARV) will also be listed in the Giveaway Post. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and a winner may not request cash or a substitute prize. The winner is responsible for any and all taxes.
- General Rules. When commenting on a Giveaway Post, your comments must not be rude, offensive, harassing, hateful, defamatory, spam, or in violation of Instagram’s community guidelines or other policies. The Sponsor reserves the right to delete any comments and to disqualify any entrant for any reason in its sole discretion and without notice to the entrant. The Sponsor reserves the right to end any Giveaway or the Axios IG Sweepstakes as a whole (including all then-active Giveaways) at any time without prior notice and to select a winner from among the existing eligible entrants. All decisions relating to the Giveaway Sweepstakes are final and at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Release and Limitations of Liability. By participating in the Axios IG Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless, collectively and individually, the Sponsor and the local business providing the prize, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim, demand or cause of action arising out of your participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to claims related to claims for personal injury, personal property damage or death resulting from traveling to claim or use the prize. You hereby forever waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, under any legal theory, against the Released Parties, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that in any permitted cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to no more than $25 USD, and in no event shall you be entitled to receive attorney’s fees or court costs.
- Not a Facebook Inc. Sweepstakes. The Axios IG Sweepstakes is sponsored, administered, and controlled by Axios Media Inc. The Axios IG Sweepstakes and associated Giveaways are in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Instagram’s owner Facebook Inc., or its affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, licensors, or advertisers (collectively “Facebook Parties”). You hereby forever release and waive all claims, actions, demands and liabilities that you may have now or in the future against any Facebook Parties in connection with the Axios IG Sweepstakes or any Giveaway.
- Disputes. You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Axios IG Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Arlington, Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Axios IG Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Axios Media Inc.
- Results. For the names of the winners of any prize over $25, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Axios Media Inc., 3100 Clarendon Boulevard, Suite 1300, Arlington VA 22201. Requests must be received by March 31, 2024, except as otherwise required under applicable law.