We’re the secret weapon of Charlotte growth companies.
“I am a believer in Axios Charlotte and your team’s vision, so this is an easy choice for us. Thanks for making that so. Your honesty and transparency is refreshing and sorely missing in our business.” – Blair Primis, VP of Marketing at OrthoCarolina (partner since 2015)
Axios Charlotte Background
Axios Charlotte is a modern local media company that exists to make Charlotte smarter and better connected. We do this by producing useful programming in a conversational tone while leveraging Axios’ signature Smart Brevity style.
Axios Charlotte Guiding Principles:
- Audience first.
- Elegant efficiency.
- Smart, always.
- No BS for sale.
- Excellence, always.
What We’re Not: Cheap Lead Generation Factory
- We’re not a lead generation tool. If you don’t care about brand marketing and just need leads (which honestly should be the majority of your budget), we recommend buying Google and Facebook. It works. It’s efficient.
- We’re not cheap. In terms of partnerships, we’re relatively expensive and require a minimum commitment of 12 months. This allows us to develop longterm relationships and work deeper with local brand marketers. Everything we do is custom. If you want cheap, go buy Facebook ads (low CPM) or Google Display Network ads. Both are great tools for inexpensive impressions.
- We’re not a high volume operation. We always want to have fewer than 30 brand partners – this allows us to go deeper with fewer brands.
What We Are: Local Brand Advertising At Scale
Axios Charlotte is home to young, intelligent tastemakers who care as much about the local brands they support as the local news that they consume.
Our audience is large, young, smart and social. We painstakingly create ad products from scratch and we want to partner with Charlotte brand marketers who “get it.”
Interested? Contact Lizzy Sirkin – lizzy.sirkin(at)axios.com.
Axios Charlotte Clients
We’re proud to work with Charlotte’s top brand marketers.
Axios Charlotte Overview & Audience Snapshot
We’re the news source for young, intelligent tastemakers who care as much about the local brands they support as the local news that they consume.
- Daily Newsletter (100k+ subscribers, 35% open rate)– Useful information delivered quickly, consistently and with voice. Sign up.
- Charlotte.axios.com (600k UVs/mo, 1.3M pageviews/mo) – Guide-like resource for the city to make better decisions, fast. Including a job board and event board.
- Instagram (245k followers) – Popular handle that serves as the pulse of the city. Follow.
Axios Charlotte serves busy young professionals looking to get informed and make local decisions, fast. These are the tastemakers of our city.
- Social: 85% of our audience is on Facebook, 85% is on Instagram, 44% is on Snapchat and 41% is on Twitter.
- Professionals. 77% have a household income of over $75,000. And 25% have a household income of over $200,000.
- Smart: 93%+ are college graduates and a shocking 32% have graduate degrees (doesn’t count those that are pursuing degrees).
- Young: 70% of our audience is 18-44.
- Explorers. 88% eat or drink out 4 or more times a month. And 46% eat or drink out 10 or more times a month.
We’re consistently reaching our readers where they’re at and are pervasive in the Charlotte market. These statistics are representative of the adult Charlotte population and based on data estimates sourced from Google, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Site: 29% of all adult Charlotteans visit charlotte.axios.com at least once every month.
- Instagram Following: 19% of all adult Charlotteans (not factoring adults without Instagram accounts) follow @axioscharlotte.
- Instagram Posts: On average, 7% of all adult Charlotteans are reached per Instagram Post that we publish.
Contact Lizzy Sirkin (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more.
Annual Brand Partnerships
$3,000-$15,000+ per month with an annual commitment
Branding-focused partnerships looking to make a meaningful impact on the Axios Charlotte audience via year-long advertising efforts that revolve around useful information and programming.
Current partners include: Redbud Group, Atrium Health, OrthoCarolina, Bank of America, Wyndham Capital Mortgage, Northwood Office, Bojangles, Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, Lineberger Orthodontics, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Sonic Automotive, Lowe’s, California Closets, Northwood Ravin, Criswell & Criswell Plastic Surgery, Diamonds Direct, Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region, Charlotte Center City Partners, Charlotte Country Day School, Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority, Fisher, P.A., UNC Charlotte, Discovery Place, and Pearl. Dentistry Reimagined.
1-3 Month Custom Brand Campaigns
$25,000+ for a short-term, high-impact campaign
Custom digital campaigns built for short-term flights (maximum of three months) designed to make a deeply meaningful impact on our audience. Recent clients include Bud Light, Hungry Harvest, City of Charlotte, Charlotte Hornets, NC By Train, Charlotte Ballet, CATS, Heineken, CorePower Yoga and WeWork.
Event Listings are featured in one of our daily morning newsletters and on our Event Board. Events will be live on our Board from the time of processing (1-2 business days after you submit) to the end of the day of the event.
Charlotte growth companies use the Axios Charlotte Job Board to recruit the best minds in our city. Listings are featured in our daily morning newsletter and throughout the site. Listings are live for 60 days.
Literally, who from Axios Charlotte will I interface with?
Ready to learn more? Contact Lizzy Sirkin at email@example.com.