New name. Same us.
Axios Charlotte, formerly Charlotte Agenda, is a modern local news organization that exists to make Charlotte smarter and better connected.
In 2015, our founding team seeded the company with $50,000. We felt like tomorrow’s media companies were being born, and we wanted to build the future without the baggage of maintaining legacy models. We got lucky. It worked.
In 2020, Axios acquired the Agenda, and we joined the national media company’s growing network of local news organizations, including publications in Minneapolis, Tampa, Des Moines and Denver.
- Got a news tip, question or feedback? Drop us a note.
- Interested in advertising? Learn more and get in touch.
- Daily newsletter (60K subscribers, 40%+ open rate) – Useful information delivered quickly, consistently and with voice. Sign up.
- charlotte.axios.com (650K UVs/mo, 1.7M pageviews/mo) – Guide-like resource for the city to make better decisions, fast. Including a job board and event board.
- Instagram (240K followers) – Popular handle that serves as the new front page of the city. Follow.
Axios Charlotte serves busy young professionals looking to get informed and make local decisions, fast. These are the tastemakers of our city.
- Social: 85% of our audience is on Facebook, 85% is on Instagram, 44% is on Snapchat and 41% is on Twitter.
- Professionals. 77% have a household income of over $75,000. And 25% have a household income of over $200,000.
- Smart: 93%+ are college graduates and a shocking 32% have graduate degrees (doesn’t count those that are pursuing degrees).
- Young: 65% of our audience is 18-44.
- Explorers. 88% eat or drink out 4 or more times a month. And 46% eat or drink out 10 or more times a month.
Emma Way, editor | Email
Michael Graff, reporter | Email
Katie Peralta, reporter | Email
Paige Hopkins, reporter | Email
Brianna Crane, reporter | Email
Symphony Webber, reporter/photographer | Email
Jason Murtha, chief technology officer | Email
Don’t worry, Ted’s still around too:
Ted Williams, general manager of Axios Local | Email