The APM Marketing Consultant is a highly-energized, sales-oriented and confident individual who thrives in a high-change environment. He/she must be extremely professional in appearance and manner, willing to accept direction, quick to learn new things, customer service oriented and computer savvy. The position requires excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills. The APM Marketer is responsible for designing marketing plans, facilitating unique marketing programs, selling and coordinating APM services in order to promote the agent and increase overall business. He/she must be proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Superior phone and computer skills required. There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position and requires occasional travel, about 20%.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Plan, organize and coordinate agent marketing campaigns to support and increase their business. Work as liaison between agent and vendor. Execute projects designed within FIG for agents- otherwise vendor executes completion of project. Package and position marketing programs and ideas by APM/FIG for use by the contracted agents. A vital component is to provide constant updates to all parties involved. Method of measurement will be feedback from agents and vendors.
• Answer sales related inquiries regarding pricing, APM Services, website functionality, with the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages for price quotes.
• Help to coordinate special events, promotions and seminars.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines. Able to handle multiple projects in an effective manner. Self- motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
• Creative thinking abilities.
• Supports FIG in a variety of other duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor. Method of measurement will be observation of willingness.
• Plan, organize and coordinate execution of internal marketing programs for FIG. Work closely with Corporate Promotions Department team members. Update marketing consultants with new marketing programs and lead generation services. Create marketing campaigns and manage projects with little supervision. Method of measurement will be feedback from co-workers.
Education, work experience and other requirements:
• Minimum of a 4 year degree.
• Knowledge of marketing processes, Annuity/Life/LTC knowledge is a plus.
• 2 years marketing experience preferred.
• Interpersonal communication skills are a must.
• A strong commitment to a team culture and positive attitude is required.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, etc.
• Must have the ability to draft effective business correspondence and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public.
Knowledge and skills:
• Must be familiar with Microsoft office programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Experience in website and/or graphic design (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Salesforce and/or web service experience).
• Typing proficiency of 40-60 wpm.
• Must be able to operate copiers, scanners and other office technology.
• Must be able to make decisions independently and complete multiple projects at one time.