Residential Construction Purchasing and Estimating Specialist
The construction estimating and purchasing specialist will be responsible for soliciting all bids relating to residential single family construction projects, compiling the complete estimate, issuing purchase orders and monitoring change orders. This position requires a person that can perform accurate take-offs and insure that the materials arrive at the job site in a timely manner. The person must be detail oriented in nature and be focused and have the ability to perform at a fast pace.
• Prepares estimates using Sage Construction and Real Estate 300.
• Reviews all plans and specifications and prepares detailed take-offs of all required building materials for each house.
• Solicits competitive bids and performs analysis and comparisons for buy out decisions.
• Researches new construction methods and resources in order to save time, money and an improved home to sell.
• Issue all purchase orders for each phase of construction using Sage Construction and Real Estate 300.
• Coordinate with the design center coordinator to insure that all selections are purchased and implemented correctly.
• 5+ years experience in construction estimating, purchasing and/or materials management. Analytical skills required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.