Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
MGM Brakes, a division of Indian Head Industries, Inc., is the leading supplier of spring brake actuators and service chambers for domestic and global truck, trailer, bus and specialty vehicles for the commercial vehicle industry. We are currently seeking a highly enthusiastic individual for our Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting position for our Charlotte, N.C. corporate office.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting is a hands-on position responsible for company financial consolidations and reporting and corporate accounting functions including taxes (federal, state and local). This position has oversight and supervisory responsibility for day to day accounting operations. The Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting is expected to make suggestions and recommendations to executive management for developing and maintaining accounting records, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. Additional responsibilities include monthly financial closing, active participation in financial audits and preparing the annual company business plans. Other assignments and particular analysis are performed as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting is required.
• 7+ years senior level experience in the accounting/financial reporting area. CPA a plus, but not required
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Financial management/accounting skills and technique are required.
• Strong mathematical skills and solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word are required.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is a must.
• Ability to prioritize and manage workload.