Assistant Account Executive – Digital/Social
At Butin, we have a mission – to forge meaningful connections for our clients and improve their bottom line. We use our experience to inspire trial and loyalty, capture third-party endorsements and connect brands with meaningful causes. Butin proudly gives hundreds of hours each year, along with financial contributions, to the communities where we live and work.
Our agency has a proven track record of helping our clients be remarkable. We are recognized in the food & beverage, travel & tourism, lifestyle & consumer brands, and non-profit industries for our long-term partnerships with national brands and clients. We are ranked as a Top Travel and Top Food & Beverage agency by O’Dwyer’s, the #1 source for researching public relations firms and outside PR counsel, and have been named four times to the University of Georgia “Bulldog 100” nationwide list of fastest-growing U.S. companies owned or operated by an alum. We are a female-owned, female-run company headquartered on St. Simons Island, Georgia, with offices in Athens, Georgia, and Charlotte, North Carolina.
Who we’re looking for:
We are seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented associate who understands the principles of integrated communications and is looking for a supporting role in social media and digital marketing.
You will love this job if you:
• Enjoy writing and developing creative content.
• Have a strong sense of personal accountability.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Learn quickly and can execute tasks independently.
• Love organization, note-taking, detailed work and analytics.
• Have a passion for new technologies, applications and developments in digital marketing.
• Want to work at a company that values relationships, creativity and smarts.
Responsibilities include supporting our team with:
• Curate, develop and package compelling digital and social content aligned with client strategies, key messages and brand stories.
• Activate social media community management, including page creation; best practices alignment; content curation and amplification; and advertising and content optimization. Use analytics to target and refine audiences and optimize content.
• Leverage relevant monitoring platforms and tools.
• Assemble reports to showcase success and ROI.
• Support account management and participate in activities related to clients’ strategic plans supporting client goals and objectives.
• Execute digital marketing campaigns, utilizing a range of techniques, including paid search, SEO and PPC.
• Devise, track and optimize strategies to drive online traffic and conversions.
• Improve the usability, design, content and conversion of websites.
• Evaluate consumer research, market conditions and competitor data.
At Butin, we know our talent will always be our best asset. We invest in our people at a significantly higher rate than other mid-sized agencies and offer:
• Full insurance package covered at 90% by company, including medical, dental, vision, life and short-term/long-term disability insurance coverage.
• IRA program with 100% company match of up to 3% of salary.
• Extensive vacation and paid time off package, plus we close shop for the full week of Christmas, and summer hours schedule that includes half-day Fridays from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
• Partial cell phone plan reimbursement.
• Continued benefit growth with agency tenure.
Education and relevant experience:
• Type: Full-time, Salaried.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (required) in a relevant field (preferred).
• Experience: Relevant intern or previous experience preferred.
• We’d like for you to be proficient at: Content creation platforms, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite; and Social media and blogging platforms, including Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, and WordPress.