VP of Digital Commerce (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
• Key Lowe’s digital leader responsible for how to best communicate Lowe’s offerings across Lowes.com, LowesForPros.com, associated mobile sites and employee mobile/tablet apps that not only inspire and engage customers but also create an online selling environment that fuels online and mobile commerce of home improvement products, projects and services.
• Lead online merchandising, online search and taxonomy and customer experience architecture and design teams to develop and implement strategies that result in a seamless omnichannel customer journey.
• Partner with Merchandising, Customer Experience Architecture and Narrative Design and other cross-functional partners to understand the omnichannel customer journey and pain points in order to develop an online selling environment that supports a distinct omnichannel experience rather than just replicating an existing in-store experience online.
• Partner with Digital Platform Development and Operations team to deliver differentiated and focused digital capabilities to support an omnichannel experience.
• Responsible and accountable for Lowes.com and LowesForPros.com digital / mobile online selling environments; financial targets such as sales, gross margin and operating margin; and operating targets such as site traffic, conversion, basket sales and customer satisfaction.
• Nurture a digital culture within the organization; build, assess, develop,and lead an exceptional Digital Commerce team including online merchandising, online search and taxonomy and customer experience architecture and design.
• Develop the culture, capacity and capability of the Digital Commerce organization and key cross-functional partners such as Merchandising to truly embrace digital opportunities so that digital thinking and delivery becomes fully embedded in everything we do.
• Optimize sales potential from Lowes.com and LowesForPros.com digital/mobile online selling departments, including partnering with other channels to capture omnichannel sales synergies.
• Design the online selling environment for each product/services category to best meet the online product/services shopping nuances, seasonal / category plans, while maintaining the Lowe’s brand and overall customer experience.
• Lead teams to identify online capabilities, business opportunities and risks across home improvement, home décor and general online retail in order to refine Lowe’s online selling environment strategies for each product/division/services category.
• Partner with product expansion team / extended aisle products to suggest best online merchandising and selling environment for the product category.
• Partner with online promotions team and Lowes.com operations to plan and execute promotions.
• Partner with Digital Platform Development and Operations team to develop and deploy digital assets.
• Partner with VP Digital Platform Development and Operations to identify and prioritize platform-related enhancements to improve customer experience and sales.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
• Extensive experience in online merchandising and marketing; deep understanding of the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understanding of various types of business propositions; learns new methods and technologies easily.
• Experience setting, managing and reporting against large, multi-year budgets, KPIs, milestones etc.
• Proven business acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities.
• Ability to inspire and communicate with a wide range of constituents including non-technical and low technology literate stakeholders.
• Demonstrable experience embedding new practices in digital technologies and business process across the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.