The Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Advancement to develop and implement a broad, comprehensive, and strategic marketing and communications plan designed to promote enrollment and fundraising and to elevate the School’s community profile. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Advancement and is a full-time, exempt employee.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Actively support the mission of The Fletcher School in the execution of his/her role and responsibilities.
• Assist the Director in establishing and maintaining an effective brand identity across all departments and platforms.
• Develop and execute marketing campaign plans that engage internal and external constituents in the support and promotion of The Fletcher School and the Rankin Institute.
• Identify emerging marketing opportunities, design effective targeting and responsive marketing strategies, and report on results.
• Oversee the production of a variety of materials meant to increase the school’s visibility and competitive positioning, and enhance the public’s perception of the school.
• Work across all departments, including Athletics and the Arts, to highlight student activities and successes.
• Collaborate with the Admissions team and Advancement team to develop strategies to recruit prospective students and engage committed alumni and families.
• Create and coordinate a comprehensive publications program (concept, design, content, editorial, and production for paper and electronic communications) that reaches and influences the School’s target audiences.
• Shape and maintain the strategic and creative direction of the School’s website.
• Develop and manage an integrated online presence on social media platforms.
• Cultivate and maintain working relationships between the school and the media as well as other key community organizations.
• Assist with Advancement Office projects and programs, including special events and occasional evening programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and two years of related communications experience required with preference given to those who have served in an educational or not-for-profit setting.
• Ability to manage complex responsibilities and prioritize among multiple demands and deadlines.
• Ability to work with a variety of constituents and to lead project-management and problem-solving tasks with tact and professionalism.
• Advanced capabilities in technology, preferably within an IOS environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to details.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• A collaborative spirit and strong team ethic.
• A passion for education and a willingness to go above and beyond in support of students.
• A criminal history background check is required of all employees.
• A drug test is required of all employees.
• Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The Fletcher School participates in the EVerify program.
• References will be required.
The Fletcher School is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. All employment decisions at The Fletcher School are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, creed, disability, family or parental status, or any other status protected by federal or state laws or regulations. The Fletcher School will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.