Continuing Legal Education Assistant Director (HIRED)
The Continuing Education Legal Assistant Director helps with planning and implementation of the Mecklenburg County Bar’s accredited continuing legal education (CLE) programs. The Assistant Director works closely with the Director of CLE, the CLE Committee and the CLE & Finance Assistant Coordinator and supports live, video, online and webcast programs. This position monitors the CLE budget and complies with NC open meeting and public records law by ensuring meetings are noticed and minutes are recorded and maintained. The Assistant Director will assume the duties of the Director of CLE when needed.
CLE Program Development Planning and Management
• Works closely with Director, program planners and CLE Committee to develop program topics.
• Leads all aspects of CLE technology-based programming, i.e. webcasts, on-demand videos, recording/editing, video conferencing, and any other duties as related to long distance learning.
• Works closely with staff Sections Liaison to help plan and implement Section CLEs.
• Works with program planners, firm contacts and staff to schedule and provide notification of CLE programs.
• Researches new and innovative programs topics relevant to MCB and the law in general through web, news and MCB member feedback.
• Seeks NC State Bar course approval and files attendance reports.
• Attends programs and provides on-site support as needed.
• Primary contact with printing company to duplicate materials/manuals for CLE seminars when in-house printing or electronic distribution is not feasible.
• Oversees CLE program registration, attendance, and on-site or web-based logistics.
• Reconciles CLE receipts/expenses with Director of Finance & HR.
• Facilitates CLE programming with MCB staff, committees, sections, relevant events and other professional local organizations which may benefit the practice of lawyers.
• Develops analytical reports to assess profitability of individual CLE programs.
• Lead scheduler for firm and legal department video replays.
• Assists CLE Director in developing all written and electronic CLE materials.
• Provides CLE content for the monthly newsletter as requested.
• Updates CLE webpage/store content in conjunction with CLE Staff and the MCB Assistant Executive Director/Director of Communications and Events.
• Markets CLE programs to other Bars and professional organizations; markets internally to Sections, leadership and relevant committees.
May perform other duties as required.
Education and work experience:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from 4-year accredited university or college.
• Prefer 3 to 5 years professional experience in the continuing education/training field. Market and event planning experience helpful.
Knowledge and skills requirements:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal). Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. Well organized, self-directed and able to manage time.
• Ability to multi-task and work with professional boards and volunteer committees. Ability to deal effectively with staff and volunteers to meet deadlines.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization. Able to interpret various instructions.
• Mathematics Ability: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percents, and to draw and interpret graphs.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.