Tax Preparation Product Specialist (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Credit Karma is seeking a full-time Tax Preparation Product Specialist in our Charlotte, NC office, focused on our self-service tax filing product. You will work with our product design team to validate product designs and ensure they support a comprehensive set of tax situations. You will also work closely with our engineering team to bring product designs to reality, making sure the product is implemented accurately and handles all supported scenarios. Seasonally, you will support testing of the product for behavior and accuracy, and help to resolve product-related issues identified by our members. This position is ideal for a seasoned tax preparer looking for an opportunity to influence and improve a tax product that is accessed by millions of users, as part of a rapidly growing software company.
What you’ll do:
• Work with product managers to ensure product requirements are clear and consistent with the tax code.
• Work with product developers and QA to make sure requirements are implemented accurately.
• Answer questions about the tax code, including “what if’s” that arise during design and development.
• Verify the product as it is being developed to ensure it provides a great user experience, including intuitive data entry and relevant help.
• Ensure the accuracy of calculations and forms for various federal and state filing scenarios.
• Draft tool tips, help center articles, and other support materials to help users understand how to file their taxes.
• Communicate with teammates of varying skill sets, including product designers, engineers, member support specialists and tax subject matter experts.
What we expect:
• 3-5 years as a tax preparer or CPA focused on taxation.
• Experience with a number of different tax preparation solutions.
• Demonstrates good judgement and intuition of how to make a great tax product.
• Experience with a ticketing system such as Zendesk or JIRA.
• Effective and assertive communicator (written and verbal).
• Methodical, highly organized and detail-oriented, working with a high level of accuracy.
• Contagious passion for tax and/or personal finance.