Marketing Copywriter (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The Marketing Copywriter will play an integral role within our marketing team, creating sophisticated and compelling content — working across multiple mediums.
Will deliver on the promise of the company to its customers with value-add material and storytelling based on our company’s extensive history and forward thinking, while also serving business objectives with crisp, effective messaging.
As part of the editorial team, will be responsible for defining and maintaining a consistent, engaging voice across all services and properties, as well as making sure content is accurate and appropriate, so superior editing skills and stylistic decision-making are a must.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Create copy for landing pages, banner ads, metadata, social media and other types of web-based content.
• Develop and maintain content for figmarketing.com, surgebc.com, event sites and various other web-based projects.
• SEO optimized content analysis and implementation as needed across all site.
• Continued development and addition to the Elevate and APM site content.
• Advisor facing work including, but not limited to: Quarterly newsletters, monthly letters, weekly emails, quarterly whitepapers and quarterly guides.
• Develop scripts for advisor videos and internal FIG staff.
• Content writing for agent in a proactive manner – to provide the agent with new prospecting language for their sites, direct mail, seminars, workshops, etc.
• Content writing and positioning of agent marketing tools that support the marketing campaigns. A vital component is to provide constant updates to tools.
• Assist with development and direction of video stories and pieces.
• Write copy for email campaigns (subject lines, body text, calls to action) using a set of contextual parameters defined by marketing leads, such as audience, length, medium and desired outcome.
• Create copy for print collateral (brochures, posters, direct mail).
• Refine and copyedit service and product names, descriptions and customer testimonials.
• Facilitate the schedule for the FIG Blueprint blog, following the parameters laid out in the editorial calendar, bringing journalistic vision, research and creative storytelling skills to the brand’s publishing platform.
• Content writing for FIG social media sites, newsletters and magazines.
• Write all content in alignment with brand guidelines, product/service positioning and editorial style guide; contribute to style guide as needed.
• Liaise with visual designers on art direction, and ensure that words and images (or video, audio) complement one another to convey and clear message or tell an engaging story.
• Closely collaborate with other writers, designers, marketing coordinators and all on APM team on new copy needs and content requirements as they arise.
• Proactively suggest and implement ways to restructure or change content to better meet user needs based on feedback, performance, analysis and observed trends in the consumer media landscape.
• Corporate communications for special events, promotions and seminars.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines. Able to handle multiple projects in an effective manner. Self- motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
• Creative thinking abilities.
• Supports FIG in a variety of other duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor.
• Work closely with all members of APM team on various projects. Update team with new marketing communication tools.
Education, work experience and other requirements:
• This position requires a minimum of a four-year degree.
• Financial industry copywriting experience.
• The position requires excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
• A strong commitment to a team culture and positive attitude is required.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, etc.
• Must have the ability to create effective business correspondence and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public.
• Excellent research and writing skills; exceptional grammar and attention to detail. Identify and fix copy errors within your own work and the work of others.
• Self-starter on writing projects, generating new, creative angles and storylines, but also able to take specific direction and quickly complete straightforward tasks.
• A willingness to gain a deep understanding of the FIG brand and adopt its voice; the ability to switch vocabulary, tone and style from one audience to another.
• Flexibility to jump between different projects and handle a rapidly changing environment while delivering high quality results, often on tight deadlines.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft office programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel. Typing proficiency: 40-60 wpm.
• Must be able to operate copiers, scanners and other office technology. Must be able to make decisions independently and complete multiple projects at one time.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].
To learn more about Financial Independence Group and our culture, please visit our website at figmarketing.com.