Warehouse Support Specialist (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Looking for a unique work environment and culture to thrive in? Do you love to help people and are passionate about customer service? Then we want to talk to you!
We firmly believe that our company is only as good as the people we employ. Join a company that values its employees and rewards them for a job well done!
Positec is a new global brand company engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of power tools, lawn and garden equipment and accessories, which are sold around the world to professional contractors and home improvement enthusiasts. Since its founding in 1994, Positec has achieved industry-leading growth and employs almost 4,000 people in 12 countries to become a truly global competitor in the power tool industry.
Positec is a company built on a passion for innovation, best-in-class customer care and a commitment to make a difference in the world.
Positec is proud to offer world-class benefits, including:
• Competitive wages.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Company paid short-term-care, long-term-care and basic life insurance.
• Up to 3 weeks paid time off.
• 401(k) with company match after 30 days of employment.
• Fun, casual work environment.
• Employee outings and community service projects.
• Flexible work schedule.
• Health and fitness programs.
• Growth opportunities.
• Exposure and visibility to senior management to make a real voice of change.
• In-house Starbucks refreshments for employees.
• Write and execute software test plans/cases.
• Troubleshooting production, test and sandbox issues in HighJump (both the RF guns and the web-based application), FedEx Ship Manager Server, UPS WorldShip and soon InfoShip.
• Using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio with various databases (HighJump, PUSA FTP, FedEx, etc.) to: query transactions and database records; analyze the results of the queries to determine root causes of issues; write SQL statements (update, insert, delete, etc.) to resolve data related issues; and create on-the-fly reports for stakeholders.
• Troubleshoot issues with mobile computer workstations, laser and direct thermal printers, servers and networks; identify the root cause of the issue; and then either resolve the issue or escalate the issue to achieve a resolution.
• Document steps to reproduce, resolutions, SQL queries/statements, root causes, etc. for historical records and training purposes.
• Monitoring servers and software processes for issues and optimization opportunities.
• Debugging code during testing to identify causes of bugs.
• May be required to troubleshoot and fix laptops, access and email issues and other various IT issues that could pop up in the warehouse from time to time.
Education and experience:
• 2-4 years of experience in working with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server (2008R2 or higher) or MySQL.
• 2-4 years of experience providing technical applications support for some or all of the following business areas: order management, inventory management and warehouse management.
• Understanding of SAAS and cloud based architecture.
• Experience working with current technologies and scanning the industry for trends.
• Experience supporting and training users across all levels of the organization.
• BS Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience.
• Information management.
• Planning and organizing.
• Problem analysis and problem solving.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected].