We are currently seeking a professional and out-going full-time medical assistant for our busy Charlotte cosmetic dermatology office. Ability to multi-task is of supreme importance as well as excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Candidate must be a team player with a strong attention to detail and ability to learn quickly.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Escort patients to exam rooms in order of appointment times.
• Obtain short medical history and vital signs as required by patient’s chief complaint.
• Obtain and update patient medications list.
• Set up exam rooms in accordance with scheduled procedure or anticipate physician’s needs if an unscheduled procedure is likely.
• Assist physician with biopsies and surgical procedures such as excisions, cryotherapy, laser surgery, cosmetic surgical procedures, etc.
• Log all surgical specimens submitted to pathology and the final diagnosis upon receipt of the consultation report (or when slides are read by the physician) in the biopsy book.
• Educate patients and answer questions as required after the physician establishes a treatment plan to ensure that the patient understands pre and post care instructions as well as the importance of compliance.
• Straighten and clean exam rooms after patient visit.
• Perform suture removals, dressing changes, allergen patch testing and chemical wart therapy.
• Complete all required pathology and laboratory requisition documents for patients as required by physician.
• Stock all exam rooms, keep track of inventory and place orders when needed.
• Return calls from patients, pharmacies, other offices, etc. with answers and information regarding medical conditions and medications.
• Call patients to report lab results, tissue diagnosis and culture results. Logging details of patient notification in both the biopsy book and the patients’ medical records.
• After proper training and approval from physician, perform procedures such as laser hair removal, non-invasive body contouring and skin tightening procedures, pulsed dye treatment, MiraDry, laser skin resurfacing, superficial chemical peels and acne and militia extractions.
Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m. (alternating closing at 2 p.m. every other Friday).
Work consistently requires walking, standing and sitting. Requires some lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds in handling of medical equipment or supplies. Must speak and read English fluently. Must have the ability to deal effectively with patients, staff and physicians. Will require some analyzing of data or report information. Must have the ability to search for solutions, direct activities of others and strong decision making skills.
• Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program and/or 3+ years of military trained medical experience required.
• 2 years of Medical Assistant experience required.
• Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 2 years experience in fast paced medical environment REQUIRED.
• EMR experience preferred.
• Dermatology or Cosmetic office experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of insurance verification process.
• Understanding of documentation required for physician appointments.
• General understanding of medical terminology.
• Excellent customer service, computer, communication skills required.
Medical Office for 2 years.
Associate, Medical Assistant Certification.