Director Of Recruiting
We are currently seeking a Recruiting Director to join our Carolinas practice in Charlotte, NC. The primary responsibilities are talent acquisition; assessment and management of consultants in our various service offerings include Accounting & Finance, Procurement & Supply Chain, Information Management and Human Capital. Full life cycle recruiting includes sourcing, screening and interviewing candidates and developing and maintaining a diversified pool of candidates to match anticipated market hiring needs. The Recruiting Director will be responsible for vetting both technical and cultural fit of candidates. Talent management includes maintaining relationships with Consultants hired, providing guidance to them on the RGP model and their performance, recommending professional development, setting initial compensation and conducting compensation reviews. The primary components of this role are outlined below.
• Develops a recruiting strategy that aligns with the practice’s growth goals across North Carolina and South Carolina with an emphasis in the Charlotte, Raleigh and Greensboro areas. Executes against the recruiting strategy to continually forecast, track and replenish the candidate pool for marketplace needs.
• Demonstrates a constant drive to meet new people and develop additional relationships. Promotes a networking plan to ensure strong knowledge of all potential candidates in the marketplace. Actively attends and participates in various events with the intention of meeting and developing relationships with potential applicants within our target market, including Charlotte, NC, Greensboro, NC, and Raleigh, NC. Takes all opportunities to expand contact base including reference calls and RGP alumni. Has a strong understanding of our company history, philosophy and business model and effectively articulates our unique positioning. Demonstrates effective skills and interest in social media networking tools.
• Exhibits skills in sourcing techniques that identify quality candidates. Shows initiative to utilize new and unique techniques. Demonstrates a superior ability to source qualified candidates by networking and building strong relationships with referral sources, performing advanced Boolean searches of RGP’s candidate database/ATS, developing an active LinkedIn and social media presence and leveraging functionality for recruitment and participating and presenting to outplacement and other professional and networking organizations. Partners with RGP’s national sourcing center which supplements the local office in the sourcing and screening of candidates. Partners with regional recruiting partners and other RGP offices to identify quality candidates, as necessary.
• Demonstrates strong understanding in a minimum of two practice areas, industries or initiatives that RGP currently services and has potential to develop additional areas. Demonstrates the ability to have an in-depth discussion with candidates about the functional area(s) in a way that exhibits strong knowledge to the candidate. Stays current on new developments in his/her area of expertise. Contributes to the thought leadership of our company in areas of expertise.
• Understands and applies behavioral interviewing and other reliable assessment tools in evaluating candidates. Actively influences candidates to consider opportunities at RGP and pursues qualified candidates with tenacity. Sets Consultant compensation at fair and competitive levels taking into account specific skill sets intangible skills and market conditions; effectively negotiates and communicates compensation and benefits package to attract quality candidates. Articulates the benefits of becoming a Consultant, demonstrating an ability to differentiate our model from other consulting models.
• Partners with the Client Service team in matching Consultants with client needs, evaluating technical skills as well as intangible qualities needed to succeed in various client environments. Supports Consultants as they transition from one engagement to the next. Possesses a superior understanding of Consultant skill sets and career goals. Cultivates strong relationships with Consultants and “champions” them internally.
• Follows accepted compliance procedures and practices within RGP to vet and track candidates and consultants including assessment reports of candidate qualifications, preparation of Consultant profiles, reference and background checks.
• Travel to support Carolinas relationships in Greensboro, NC, Raleigh, NC and other cities in the Carolinas, as necessary.
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant recruiting experience preferably within a consulting firm and/or professional services firm.
• Industry experience in a consulting environment is highly preferred.
• Strong professional network in the Charlotte, NC area with the willingness to develop and maintain professional networks in Greensboro, NC; Raleigh, NC; and other cities as needed.
• Technically proficient in all aspects of Internet recruiting.
• A Bachelor’s degree from a four year accredited institution is required.
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate via the phone and in person.
• Team player with the ability to collaborate and support team effectively across multiple cities in the Carolinas practice, including Raleigh, NC.
• Must be hands-on, flexible and adaptable to new, evolving or rotating responsibilities.
• Extremely thorough in all aspects of work and communication while maintaining a sense of urgency in completing tasks.
• Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities/projects and proven ability with developing Consultant relationships.
• Ability to negotiate and influence others.