Quality Engineer (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Looking for a unique work environment and culture to thrive in? Do you love to help people and are passionate about customer service? Then we want to talk to you!
We firmly believe that our company is only as good as the people we employ. Join a company that values its employees and rewards them for a job well done!
Positec is a new global brand company engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of power tools, lawn and garden equipment and accessories, which are sold around the world to professional contractors and home improvement enthusiasts. Since its founding in 1994, Positec has achieved industry-leading growth and employs almost 4,000 people in 12 countries to become a truly global competitor in the power tool industry.
Positec is a company built on a passion for innovation, best-in-class customer care and a commitment to make a difference in the world.
Positec is proud to offer world-class benefits, including:
• Competitive wages.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Company paid short-term-care, long-term-care and basic life insurance.
• Up to 3 weeks paid time off.
• 401(k) with company match after 30 days of employment.
• Fun, casual work environment.
• Employee outings and community service projects.
• Flexible work schedule.
• Health and fitness programs.
• Growth opportunities.
• Exposure and visibility to senior management to make a real voice of change.
• In-house Starbucks refreshments for employees.
This position is responsible for ensuring the quality of the products manufactured by Positec meet all customer expectations as well as all safety and regulatory standards; quickly and effectively take action when non-conformances are found. Maintain the most recent interpretations of the quality system requirements and therefore ensure that documented practices meet the true interpretation of the quality management system standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Tear Down and Failure Analysis
• Collaborate with HQ’s quality and engineering personnel to determine critical product features and review manufacturability of design. Make recommendations to modify customer product specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost-effective production.
• Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
• Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerance and materials related issues.
• Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans and providing resources.
• Effectively communicate and reinforce the Company’s commitment to quality improvement efforts
• Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
• Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
• Coordinate pre-launch production trial run process monitoring.
• Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
• Maintain Control Plans and FMEA’s throughout the life of the product.
• Provide engineering guidance to U.S. product team throughout product development
• Participate in technical meetings on OPEI product committee’s.
Customer and Contact Center Consultation
• Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem-solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
• Perform duties in accordance with quality system requirements as the voice of Positec customers.
• Coordinate with Sales, Customer Service and Production, to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
• Lead PPM improvement plan for strategic customers.
Statistical Record Keeping for QCE
• Apply appropriate use of statistical techniques.
• Determine and apply appropriate Measurement System Analysis tools.
• Lead cross-functional efforts for product reworks and product recall. Point of contact for regulatory and testing agencies, e.g. CPSC, UL, Intertek.
• Recommend and implement enhancements to the quality system that result in improved corporate quality performance, increased customer satisfaction and/or simplification of processes to reduce costs.
• Oversee the controlled document system, to include a final review of all changes to procedures, work instructions, forms, master lists and other associated documents to ensure quality certification requirements are met.
• Participate in quality reporting and management review process.
• Develop quality tracking and reporting process.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, prefer Electrical and or Mechanical.
• Five – seven years’ experience managing a quality management system.
• Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes).
• Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement.
• Customer quality assurance experience.
• Knowledge of safety standards.
• Previous audit experience.
• Adaptability – open to and actively solicit new ideas and opinions.
• Assertiveness – readily offer opinions and take action even when their position may be unpopular.
• Business Thinking – sees the organization as a series of integrated and interlocking business processes. Understands general business concepts. Understands the financial framework of the organization. Establishes and monitors appropriate financial measures, using data to make informed business decisions.
• Communication – demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional work groups including suppliers, customers, and associates, both verbally and in writing. Excellent listening skills.
• Conflict Management – support and manage differences of opinion. Use consensus and collaboration to debate and resolve issues.
• Diplomacy – skilled at handling situations without arousing hostility. Forge coalitions.
• Energy – have the stamina and endurance to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce.
• Influence & Positive Impact – skilled at persuading, motivating and energizing others at all levels. Passionate, personable, self-confident and likeable. Able to flex style and direct, collaborate or empower as the situation requires. Ability to establish a personal power base built on mutual trust, fairness and honesty. Establish and maintain productive relationships and networks, utilizing them to facilitate business transactions.
• Initiative – proactive and takes action without being prompted.
• Learning agility – continuously seeks new knowledge, creates and fosters a culture of interest, curiosity and learning. Flexible to change and learns from failure. Seeks to improve processes and products.
• Time Management – manage time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks.
• Presentation Skills – written and verbal.
• Problem Solving & Decision Making – identifies and solves problems, develops innovative solutions, acts decisively and shows good judgment.
• Results Orientation – maintains appropriate focus on short- and long-term goals. Motivated by achievement, and persists until goals are reached, conveying a sense of urgency.
• Visioning and Strategic Thinking – imaginative, entrepreneurial and thoughtful, creating a vision of a preferred future and communicating it clearly and enthusiastically in such a way that others are attracted to it. Knows and understands the factors influencing strategy and acts with the future in mind.
Overseas travel to HQ in China required twice per year.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.