Digital Engagement Officer (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Davidson College is a highly selective, independent liberal arts college located in Davidson, North Carolina, that has graduated 23 Rhodes Scholars and is consistently ranked in the top ten liberal arts colleges in the country. Davidson is strongly committed to achieving excellence and cultural diversity, and welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the college’s mission.
The Digital Engagement Officer will execute digital solicitation and engagement strategies for identified segments of the alumni body, soliciting gifts and improving both the breadth and depth of engagement that enhances future efforts with Davidson alumni. Responsibilities will include the development of comprehensive metrics to demonstrate the results of his or her efforts. This position will conduct targeted contact with between 1,000 and 1,200 identified alumni throughout the year. In addition, the Digital Engagement Officer will serve as a liaison for digital engagement efforts with Alumni Relations. As a member of the Annual Giving team, the Digital Engagement Officer will assist the Office of Annual Giving in pursuing the fundraising goals of The Fund for Davidson. Throughout the year, the Digital Engagement Officer will participate in on-campus events as needed. This position is a two-year appointment.
Key responsibilities for this position include the following:
• Direct Solicitation/Engagement: Using digital strategies identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward approximately 1,200 selected alumni as donors, advocates and volunteers for Davidson. Focus on soliciting unrestricted support and increasing contributions from prospect pool by more than $200,000 over previous year. Identify alumni influencers for the college in the digital and social media realms. Actively seek ways to best utilize technologies such as EverTrue and Give Campus in annual giving. In addition to cultivation and solicitation of prospects, the Digital Engagement Officer will be responsible for improving by 50% the average overall engagement score for the portfolio managed over the course of the two year appointment. Maintain comprehensive information in Blackbaud CRM about engagement efforts and interactions.
• Data Analysis: Design and execute data-driven metrics to evaluate the reach and return for all digital engagement strategies. Manage the establishment of baseline analysis for all digital annual giving solicitations and engagement efforts. Work with the Director and other members of the Annual Giving and Alumni Relations teams to identify trends as they develop.
• Digital Engagement Strategy: Develop a comprehensive digital engagement and solicitation strategy for identified segments of the Davidson alumni body, using prospect plans as needed. Curate information from technology such as EverTrue, LinkedIn, GiveCampus, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others to measure demonstrated interest for college priorities. Work closely with partners in Alumni Relations on engagement strategies and across College Relations for solicitation strategies. Evaluate prospects in collaboration with Research and the Annual Giving staff to promote identified prospects to the appropriate fundraisers.
• Special Projects: Responsible for making solicitation calls and texts on behalf of The Fund for Davidson at the end of the fiscal year. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Annual Giving.
• The Digital Engagement Officer position is a pilot program with a two-year appointment. The college will evaluate the effectiveness of the pilot in FY19 and determine the future of this position by the spring of 2019. Evening and weekend work may be required to staff on-campus events; attendance at athletic and alumni events encouraged. During the month of June, members of the Annual Giving team work additional hours. Vacation time is not taken during this month unless there are special circumstances and permission is given by the Director of Annual Giving.
Apply online here and attach a resume and cover letter to the application. The job posting will remain open until June 4, 2017.