Vice President – Aisle8
Established in 2005 and headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, SnapAV is a manufacturer and exclusive source of more than 2,500 audio, video, surveillance and networking products for the residential and commercial integration market. For six years running, SnapAV has been named to the prestigious Inc. 500|5000, a list of the fastest-growing privately held companies in America. In addition to its Charlotte headquarters, SnapAV has operations in, Dallas, Fresno, Thousand Oaks and Taipei, with over 250 employees internationally.
Aisle8, a division of SnapAV, is the company’s division that serves the IT/Datacom market via dedicated sales, service and marketing resources to competitively position our products in that market.
At SnapAV we engage customers with curiosity, energize them with passion, and execute everything we do with integrity as we create innovative solutions to IMPACT the connected world.
Engage with curiosity:
• Teamwork: Creates a constructive work environment by contributing ideas, being receptive to other’s ideas and leveraging differences with integrity.
• Communication Skills: Listens intently and displays curiosity, asking questions that lead to an impactful, collaborative environment.
• Decision Making / Problem Solving: Listens to the opinions of others, evaluates problems and proposes constructive solutions.
Energize with passion:
• Job Knowledge: Learns how the business works and builds expertise while leading others to grow their own skills.
• Managing Work: Sets priorities and determines resource needs to achieve goals efficiently and is accountable for results.
• Develop Motivate: Inspires by sharing knowledge and motivating others to success through self-development.
Execute with integrity:
• Customer Focus: Is a trusted customer advocate, selflessly meeting all internal and external needs with integrity.
• Action Oriented: Passionate about the work and the goals of the company, maintaining high levels of productivity and a positive impact.
• Strategic Agility: Understands the company’s vision, prioritizes their work accordingly and makes knowledgeable decisions.
The General Manager of Aisle8 will report to the President of New Markets, have full P&L responsibility for the Aisle8 business, and have responsibility for both driving long-term strategy as well as immediate execution of the business against targets. This role requires an entrepreneurial mindset and an innovative thinker that understands how to manage resources and prioritize work load to maximize company impact. An ability to provide both long-term vision as well as day-to-day practical solutions is critical for this role. The General Manager of Aisle8 will generate support from and collaborate cross-functionally with other members of SnapAV leadership. This role is responsible for advocating the needs of the division and ensuring seamless integration with the core business. The General Manager must have proven excellence managing, motivating and developing mid-level staff of various departments. This leader will drive data in new ways, challenging traditional thinking to expand the role it can play in growing revenue and increasing marketing effectiveness.
• Develop, implement and update business strategic planning, including sales and financial performance.
• Direct and coordinate all department activities to develop and implement long-range company goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
• Analyze activities, forecasts, costs and operations data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
• Work with company executive leadership to integrate Aisle 8 strategy into long-term company planning.
• Accomplishes objectives by establishing plans, budgets and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
• Test and establish successful go-to-market strategies to accelerate growth in the IT channel.
• Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
• Responsible for setting and allocating department budget.
• Hiring and management of individuals to build the subject matter expertise around various areas of the business.
• Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
• Responsible for setting annual commission goals and plan structure.
• Oversees research and insight efforts to uncover actionable and important customer insights that can be leveraged across product development.
• Act as subject matter expert with technology solution providers.
• Insure overall delivery and quality of Aisle8 offerings and continually refine based on the voice of the customer.
• Drive pipeline generation initiatives as part of the business plan providing materials and training on: value proposition by vertical market, competitive differentiation and product qualification.
• Maintain consistent product marketing of voice and messaging through all type of media.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies within Information Technology.
• Attend industry tradeshows annually.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 12+ years’ professional sales and marketing experience.
• 5 + years’ General Manager/Vice President experience.
• Demonstrated ability to perform financial analysis and business acumen.
• 30% travel.
• Prior experience selling or working with technical or IT products.
• Prior tele-sales / inside sales experience.
SnapAV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.