Events Supervisor (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
At the direction of the Senior Manager of Events, the Events Supervisor will be responsible for oversight of all operational and logistical aspects of various assigned ESPN owned and operated events. Functions will include, but are not limited to, budget management, assisting in the development of event marketing plans, oversight of assigned event website and social media, team travel coordination, interaction with conference and team officials, assist sales in identifying and fulfilling assets for the event and other game and event related duties.
• Oversight of all operational and logistical aspects of assigned event.
• Assist venues in creating ticket sale plans.
• Assist with all venue and game operations for all assigned event.
• Assist with planning and execution of event and team functions for assigned events.
• Assist with all marketing, website maintenance and social media for assigned events.
• Assists events group in various administrative roles including but not limited to event gift and inventory management.
• 2 years of experience in a professional setting.
• Strong computer skills including knowledge and use of all Microsoft office programs.
• Strong graphic design skills and working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Professional phone presence and in-person demeanor.
• Highly detail oriented and organizedGood written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in a sport or event related capacity including a professional team, local organizing committee, Convention & Visitors Bureau, athletic department or other related business.
• Experience in marketing and understanding of event operations.
• Good presentation skills.Understanding of collegiate athletics with a focus on football and basketball, conference alignment and the college bowl system.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.