Finance Manager (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The principle purpose of the Finance Manager is to partner with business leaders and the Group Financial Office to provide financial modeling and business case development support for strategic initiatives across the enterprise. This includes engaging throughout the process from strategy development through execution and post-implementation measurement.
The Finance Manager will also be the primary partner for the Strategy & Development group, providing financial modeling and other analytical support throughout the concept development phase, as well as support in development of content for Executive Offsite and Board of Directors meetings.
This position is also responsible for real estate modeling, including new store expansion, impairment and lease vs. buy analysis for the business.
Additionally, as part of the Corporate Planning & Treasury team, the Finance Manager may periodically provide financial modeling and other Corporate Finance related support to the Treasury team. This role will also be responsible for ensuring strategic initiatives are appropriately integrated into the long range plan.
Finally, the Finance Manager will work cross-functionally (Merchandising, Store Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing, Legal, HR, etc.) to ensure specialized knowledge is captured and integrated into business cases appropriately.
Required minimum qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
• 7+ years of experience in a financial position in which analytical skills were regularly used to interpret financial information and draw conclusions, provide financial insight into business issues and provide actionable recommendations.
• Demonstrated experience managing teams and collaborating with cross functional teams. Demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership (VP and above).
• Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task on several projects simultaneously and self-manage activities.
• Strong problem solving skills with the ability to resolve issues.
• Effective presentation skills with the ability to make presentations to diverse types of audiences.
• MBA and / or CPA are strongly preferred.
• Experience in ERP and General Ledger Systems such as PeopleSoft.
• OLAP Databases such as TM1 or Essebase.
• MicroStrategy or similar data warehouse applications.
• Proficiency in use of mathematical, statistical, and analytical tools to model and analyze large quantities of data from business to understand problems and define solutions.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.