Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally’s legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
The Social Manager will lead, create and manage the overall social media strategy for the Ally enterprise, leveraging platform and agency relationships to build the Ally brand and engage customers and prospects.
• Lead and develop social media strategy for the Ally brand, leveraging both B2C and B2B strategies.
• Lead the strategic direction, creation, execution and measurement of social media campaigns, activations and stunts to position Ally as best in class.
• Manage team that coordinates all social support for marketing strategy, campaigns, events, etc. in both the consumer and dealer space, with internal and external partners.
• Manage internal stakeholder relationships to provide social media expertise for products, PR, legal, compliance and more.
• Provide social media support for corporate communication initiatives and other company sponsorships, using and updating briefing documents as necessary.
• Ensure all social content aligns to our overall strategy and remains on brand.
• Manage social media budget and social agency partners.Qualifications:
• Detailed experience with Social Media platforms, strategy, analytics and performance.
• Experience launching and evolving social media platforms.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presenting to senior leaders.
• Strong PowerPoint skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, PR or Marketing.
• Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues inside and outside the organization.
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Works well under pressure and is able to meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work and make decisions independently.
• Strong attention to detail.
• 7-10 years of professional experience in a marketing or business related field.
• 5 plus years of experience in social marketing strategy and new platform launches.
• Prior digital/social agency experience a plus.
• Knowledge of financial services business a plus.
• Prior leadership experience necessary.
Business unit/enterprise function:
The Marketing Team is made up of dedicated world class marketing professionals who are responsible for the strategic development and execution of all enterprise marketing across our deposits, auto, insurance, mortgage and new product launches. Marketing also has responsibility for the Ally brand, social media and customer engagement and cross sell efforts. Additionally, marketing owns the enterprise research function and delivers insight, tools and trends to the enterprise. Recently named one of the Top 25 hottest up and coming brands in the world, marketing plays a pivotal role in the ongoing development of the Ally brand.
Total rewards information:
Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
• Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions.
• Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health.
• Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision.
• Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions.
• Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits.
• Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs.
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.