Director Community Impact
United Way of Central Carolinas (UWCC) serves as a leader in health and human services across a 5-county region that includes Mecklenburg County, which is home to over 1,000,000 people. UWCC has undertaken an ambitious realignment of its impact agenda over the last year and a half and is now focused on addressing issues associated with economic mobility while continuing to provide safety net services in the community. Reporting to the Chief Impact Officer, the Director of Community Impact will play a vital role in UWCC’s effort to improve community outcomes in the areas associated with economic mobility. The Director will also oversee the annual $15M grant-making process to community organizations and initiatives.
Major areas of responsibility:
• Lead community planning and convening efforts, including large-scale community engagement processes.
• Develop impact strategies that are community-informed, data-driven and outcomes-based.
• Develop work plans to execute impact strategies.
• Drive execution, evaluating progress against identified goals; implement strategies to address obstacles and challenges.
• Convene, manage and lead stakeholders to develop a shared vision and plan for how to collaboratively achieve goals; facilitate meetings and discussions as needed to create this vision and plan.
• Develop partnerships, collaborations and linkages among and between external constituencies that will facilitate strategy execution.
• Implement strategies as they relate to UWCC priority areas, including work group facilitation, communications among partners and outcome tracking.
• Determine need for and support resource development activities as needed for planning and implementation.
• Develop and manage budget for impact-related efforts, including planning and implementation.
• Lead UWCC’s funding and grant-making processes, including the Citizen Review Process; align funding to identified priority areas.
• Supervise Community Impact Managers.
• Other duties as assigned.