TradeKing flies under the Charlotte startup/growth scene radar. They’re quietly executing out in Ballantyne.
What is TradeKing?
Online brokerage dedicated to independent, self-directed investors. They differentiate based on customer service and low flat fees ($4.95 per trade for both equity and option trades with $0.65 per options contract).
- TradeKing was founded in 2005 and recently merged with Zecoo (another online brokerage).
- 26,000 sqft office. About 150 total employees.
- Grew out of their old Ballantyne office and moved to this new location in April of 2015. Yes, the porch overlooks the golf course (amazing).
- Impressive list of investors including: Velocity Capital B.V., Battery Ventures, Quick Family and OCA Ventures.
- In March, TradeKing announced the creation of a new subsidiary named TradeKing Media. Described as “the primary resource for the full portfolio of educational content and social collaboration channels available to all investors, both clients and non-clients of TradeKing Group alike. To provide the foundation for TradeKing Media’s offerings, the company also announced it has acquired Trader|OS, a real-time financial news, ideation and collaboration platform for investors that takes social trading to an unprecedented level.”
- Conference rooms get their names from options terminology.
- TradeKing played a part in bringing the #FinCon15 Conference to Charlotte this September 17-20th. Love that this conference description: “an energetic community of money media nerds will descend on Charlotte, NC for a weekend of connecting and learning.”
- Currently hiring a content marketer – Apply.
- TradeKing President Rich Hagen on the space: ““This move to larger offices reflects TradeKing Group’s ongoing commitment to tapping the rich financial and technology talent resources available in the Charlotte market — a primary hub for our organization since 2007. As our group of subsidiary companies continues to grow and thrive in response to market demand, we’ll now have the space we need to add new talent to our team and continue to innovate in the market. In our new space, the TradeKing team of employees will work together to continue to grow a modern and diversified financial services firm of which we can all be proud.”
Tour TradeKing’s office
Read Next Story