This giveaway is now closed. Thanks to all who participated and congrats to Regina, who won!
May is Global Employee Health & Fitness Month, and OrthoCarolina is celebrating all of your efforts to get healthy at work. Whether it’s taking the stairs, walking meetings or simply bringing in healthier snacks, show off all of your hard work and you could win a Clean Juice juice party for your team, a $100 Lenny Boy gift card, and a one-month class pass to CorePower Yoga.
Two ways to enter:
(1) On Instagram, post a photo showing how you’re bringing healthy habits to the workplace using the hashtag #workhealthyCLT and tagging OrthoCarolina in the photo – be sure your profile is set to public this week so we can see it! Every photo posted and tagged will count for 5 giveaway entries.
(2) Submit your healthy workplace ideas using the form below (one entry per person).
Entries will be considered between Monday, May 1 and Monday, May 8. The winner will be notified on Tuesday, May 9.
One winner will be selected and will receive a Clean Juice party for up to 10 people (we’ll deliver it to you ourselves!), a $100 Lenny Boy gift card so you can stock up on kombucha (or beer, we don’t judge), and a one-month class pass to newly open CorePower Yoga. Total prize value is more than $250.
What if you work solo or have a small team? More juice for you, my friend!
Tips for workplace wellness
Need help making sure your workspace and routines are health-conscious? Here are some tips via OrthoCarolina.
- Don’t dangle your feet. Use a foot rest or lower your seat to make sure your feet are securely rooted and avoid putting extra pressure on the back of your legs. Sitting on the edge of your seat puts back in a more neutral position and helps to keep you from hunching your shoulders.
- Here are 29 exercises you can do at (or near) your desk via Lifehack.
- Avoid eyestrain by making sure that your monitor is not too close, it should be at least an arm’s length away.
- Make your space your own! Decorate your office or cubicle as much as your company policy permits, to create an inspired, comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.
- Simmer down from a stressful moment with a few squeezes on a stress ball.
- Sitting is the new smoking! Get up and move once an hour for better health.
- Get rid of your candy dish to prevent mindless eating and save calories; replace the sweets with nuts or grapes
- Drink 8oz of water every hour to stay hydrated, more focused, and more refreshed. If drinking water is hard for you try setting an alarm hourly to drink 8oz. Before long it will be a habit and a craving!
- Make sure you set up your chair so that your arms are supported at all times. If your arms are not supported, the muscles of your neck and shoulders will be crying by the end of the day.
- Giveaway open May 1 – May 8, 2017
- Entries via Instagram (post a photo using #workhealthyCLT and tagging @orthocarolina) will receive 5 entries to the giveaway. Entries via Instagram are unlimited.
- Only one entry is permitted using the form below.
See official rules and contest details below.
Eligible to legal residents of North Carolina and South Carolina, who are 18 or older at the time of entry. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. Sponsored by Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA), a North Carolina limited liability company.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You understand that your participation in the Contest is with Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA)., and not Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and that you are providing information to Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA). Any disclosure you make in connection with the Contest is to Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA), and not to any other party including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are released from any obligation or liability in connection with the Contest.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
THE CONTEST MAY BE TERMINATED AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON BY Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA) , WITHOUT NOTICE.
Accepting the Prize constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA), which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
Contest Time: The “Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA) Workplace Wellness Giveaway” (the “Contest”) begins 6:00 a.m. ET on May 1, 2017 ending at 11:59 p.m. on May 8, 2017. The winner will be notified by May 9, 2017 at 5 p.m.
How to Enter the Contest: Enter via Instagram photo using #workhealthyCLT and tagging @orthocarolina or Google Form (full name, email address and healthy habit ideas, click submit). ONE ENTRY PER PERSON VIA GOOGLE FORM, UNLIMITED ENTRIES PERMITTED VIA INSTAGRAM.
Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of North Carolina and South Carolina who, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA), its members, managers, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and other agencies and any of their immediate family, as applicable, are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
Prize Selection: We will select 1 random entrant between Google Form and Instagram submissions. They will be notified by email by May 8, 2017 at 5 p.m.
If any Prize cannot be distributed or is returned, Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA), reserves the right in its sole discretion to select an alternative winner or to give the prize to charity.
The Prize: The Contest Prize winner will receive a one-month class pass to CorePower Yoga, juices for 10 people from Clean Juice, and a $100 gift card to Lenny Boy Brewing Co.
Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
Taxes and Other Restrictions: All federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. No responsibility or liability is assumed for any obligations, damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the Prize or any substitute therefore.
General Rules: Attempts to enter the Contest more than once using any third party proxy, using multiple names or e-mail addresses and/or any other fraudulent mechanism will result in disqualification. Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA), in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify you. All decisions relating to the Contest are final and is at the sole discretion of Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA). By participating in the Contest, the winner agrees to be bound by the Official Rules.
Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA), nor any of its respective affiliates, officers, members, managers, directors, agents, or employees are responsible for ANY technical issues including but not limited to, hardware, software, or network malfunctions of any kind.
Winner releases Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA) and its respective affiliates, officers, members, managers, directors, agents, or employees of any liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in the Contest or the awarding of the Prize. Winner will be solely responsible for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks or any other rights, resulting from your entry.
Winner hereby releases and discharges Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA) and all affiliates, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, from ANY and ALL claims and suits arising with your entry, including all claims for copyright or trademark infringement. Winner waives ALL rights to interfere with use of your entry or any information about you.
Release of Rights: Winner grants to Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA), and its affiliates a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use ANY and ALL information from your entry. Williams Media, LLC (dba CHARLOTTE AGENDA) will likely use the information you submit for promotion, stories and social media.
Governing Law: The Contest and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by the laws of the state of North Carolina, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in North Carolina.