Myers Park Baptist Church was founded in 1943 by a visionary group of families who shared a dream: to build a church that welcomed all, embodied Christ’s teachings, and reflected the spirit of religious freedom rooted in the Baptist tradition. We are committed to diversity and inclusiveness; therefore, all are invited to apply. With a membership of 1500, our campus includes the Cornwell Community Life Center and a Through the Week Preschool. We are affiliated with the Alliance of Baptists and are a Welcoming and Affirming Church. We are looking for a Church Administrator who will help us as we embark on a new strategic plan and celebrate our 75th anniversary. Please visit our Church website and review our Covenant here.
Full Time, Senior Staff, Exempt
The Church Administrator is a member of the Senior Staff team and is specifically responsible for the financial affairs, facilities operations, and human resources and other administrative matters. Provides management, leadership and development to the Finance Manager, Property Manager, Director of Cornwell Center, Events Manager, Staff Administrative Assistants and assigned Church Ministries.
• Assumes a fiduciary responsibility for all financial matters of the Church.
• Oversees all fiscal operations and business affairs of the Church.
• Oversees the proper accounting of Church accounts including the Endowment Fund.
• Maintains financial records systems for the Church (including the Cornwell Center and the Through the Week Preschool); directs the financial operations and reporting; and directs the receipt and expenditure of Church funds.
• Coordinates the preparation and presentation of the annual budget to staff and lay leaders; oversees and supports the annual stewardship campaign.
• Acts as purchasing agent for the Church.
• Administers all employee benefits plans.
• Ensures timely review of wage and salary structures, personnel practices and fringe benefits for the Ministry of Human Resources. Ensures diversity is considered when hiring Church positions.
• Annually reviews facility and grounds insurance and risk management systems requirements and makes recommendations to the Ministry of Facilities Management.
• Supervises the work of the Finance Manager, Property Manager, Director of Cornwell Center, Events Manager and Staff Administrative Assistants and conducts their annual review.
• Develops and manages departmental budget.
• Assists in the planning and work of the Ministries and Councils on which the Church Administrator serves and attends their meetings.
• Participates in weekly staff and leadership meetings.
• Maintains strict confidentiality and security of Church financial and human resources information.
• Oversees the operations and maintenance program of the Church facilities and grounds including the Cornwell Center and the Through the Week Preschool.
• Oversees food service operations and event management responsibilities.
• Oversees the technology systems of the Church.
• Ensures that personnel files and attendance records are accurately maintained.
• Bachelor Degree required.
• Degree in business, finance or accounting preferred.
• Masters Degree and Certified Church Administrator preferred.
• Familiarity with typical Church program activities.
• Five years management and supervisory experience in a large Church or equivalent organization.
• Proficiency in computer skills including Word, Excel and fund-based accounting software.
• Experience with ACS software desired.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.