This place oozes authenticity. So do the founders, brothers Jeff and Jason Alexander.
Free Range Brewing is different, and it’s about to blow up.
- Opening: Soft openings are happening this week, but doors will be wide open starting Thursday, July 9th.
- Hours: 5-10pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. These will extend as time goes on.
- Location: 2320 North Davidson Street. It faces Amelie’s (but across the parking lot and street).
- Prices: $5 or $6 for a pint and $3 for a 1/2 pint.
- Beers on tap to start: Cream of the Crop (cream ale – 4.7%), Jenny Bought a Farm (Carolina farmhouse – 5.8%), Caroliner Weisse Wild (wild wheat w/ green and red strawberries – 4.2%), Art, Son of Pale (pale ale – 5.5%), My Fair Lady (IPA – 9.5%), Bob’s Pure Intentions (brown ale aged in Pure Intentions Coffee – 7%) and Sea of Campanions – (oyster stout – 8.2%).
- Other beverages on tap to start (love this): Pure Intentions Cold Brew (on nitro, Panama beans), Lenny Boy Pineapple Funk (kombucha), Che’s Farmer Blackberry Ginger (shrub soda).
- Rotating beers on tap. Strategy isn’t to have a single popular beer.
- Jeff just got married last week and Jason was the best man. Tell him congratulations! Wedding took place in Asheville and they went to Maine for their honeymoon. Another fun fact, Jason lives about a 1/2 mile away.
- Taproom is family friendly and they’re not just saying that. There’s a kids play area and non-sugary soda on tap. I tried the soda and it was delicious – made by Jaime Swofford (legit).
- Creating Free Range Brewing was a family effort. Jason’s father-in-law Bob did the woodwork and his mother-in-law Peggy did the tile.
Connect With Free Range Brewing: