Baseball in Charlotte starts on Thursday, April 6 when the when the Knights take on the Norfolk Tides at BB&T Ballpark. Here’s what you need to know.
- Thirsty Thursdays are back and presented by Ink N Ivy (nice sponsorship). All Thursday games will have $3 domestic drafts and $1 small sodas.
- Friday Night Fireworks is back. There will be a total of 15 post-game firework shows this season.
- $1 Sahlen’s Hot Dogs on May 29, June 5, and July 24.
- NEW: 3 Bark in the Ballpark Nights, aka bring your dog night. Ugh, I’m allergic, but whatever. Dates are May 15, June 26, and August 28.
- NEW: The 300-person Miller Lite Rooftop Party Zone in the right field porch area will have a moderately good looking 40′ x 40′ tent to block the sun.
- NEW: The Piedmont Natural Gas Picnic area near the left field fence got a huge new awning so that you don’t bake in the sun.
When to go watch baseball if you want free stuff.
- Whiffle Bat & Ball to the first 2,000 kids – April 23
- Homer The Dragon Jedi Knights bobblehead to the first 3,000 fans – May 4
- Pink Baseball at the 12th Annual Pink Knights game to the first 2,000 ladies – May 6
- 125th Anniversary Charlotte Baseball Poster to the first 2,000 fans – June 6
- Stadium Replica of Griffith/Crockett Park to the first 2,500 fans – June 27
- 1988 Knights Retro Youth Jersey to the first 1,500 kids – July 25