Assistant Account Executive
Headquartered along the coast of Georgia, on beautiful St. Simons Island with offices in Athens, Georgia and Charlotte, North Carolina, Butin is recognized for our roster of top-tier, nationally-recognized clients and partnerships in the food & beverage, travel & leisure, lifestyle & consumer brands industries as well as for our non-profit and cause marketing projects. We are enjoying rapid success and growth and were named to the University of Georgia “Bulldog 100” nationwide list of fastest-growing U.S. companies run by UGA graduates in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016.
Position overview & company culture:
The position requires knowledge in the principles of integrated marketing, particularly strategic public relations and social media execution. A successful applicant will have the opportunity to make a valuable and lasting contribution within a prosperous and rapidly expanding company.
Our ideal candidate exemplifies a knack for creative writing, the ability to independently drive tasks to completion, and a willingness to enthusiastically collaborate with our team of leaders and high-profile clients. This candidate should be able to work quickly and diligently in an organized and detail-oriented fashion, communicate clearly and think creatively.
We place great emphasis on the development of our associates and take their best interests to heart. Our core values revolve around honesty, integrity, flexibility, creativity and fun. We believe in the pursuit of excellence, the freedom for associates to chart their own growth paths, and the importance of giving back to the community.
• Drafting of written assignments (e.g., news releases, blog posts, pitch notes, client emails and social media content).
• Creating news media and key influencer lists. (Experience with Cision is a plus).
• Conducting influencer and news media outreach to secure coverage for our clients.
• Conducting ongoing research into editorial calendars, news opportunities and relevant reporters to identify opportunities for clients.
• Engaging in social listening, community management, online monitoring.
• Creating monthly client reports and measures of success.
• Managing daily account activities, including agendas, meeting recaps, activity reports and coordination of all necessary documentation for client records.
• Possesses knowledge and experience in the principles of marketing communications, publication relations and social media.
• Maintains understanding of relevant social platforms and the ability to drive social engagement.
• Exhibits quality written and oral communications skills.
• Executes work assignments in a highly-detailed, efficient and timely manner.
• Exhibits strong interpersonal skills, initiative, autonomy and accountability.
• Demonstrates an ability to work quickly and diligently, act with conviction, think with creativity, and to see all assignments through to completion on deadline.
• Ability to think creatively and develop out-of-the-box ideas.
• Serve as a team player who is willing and able to support projects across the board in order to grow, learn and advance within our company.
Education and relevant experience:
• Type: Full-time, salaried.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (required) in a relevant field (preferred).
• Experience: Relevant intern experience preferred.
Compensation package & benefits:
• Position is full-time, salaried.
• Competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
• For consideration following 90-day review: Full benefit package including health, life, dental, vision and short-term/long-term disability insurance coverage as well as IRA program with up to 3% company match.
• Ten paid annual vacation days, numerous paid holidays (including the full week of Christmas), and summer flex schedule that includes half-day Fridays from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
• Partial cell phone plan reimbursement.
• Stipend for agency-related travel.