Communication and Marketing Director
24 Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit located in Charlotte, NC with a mission to inspire and engage communities to make an immediate impact on the lives of people affected by cancer. Its purpose is to increase public awareness, funds and support for organizations dedicated to cancer navigation and survivorship, including: Carolinas HealthCare System’s Levine Cancer Institute, Levine Children’s Hospital, Keep Pounding Fund, Brain Tumor Fund of the Carolinas, Queens University of Charlotte, Wind River Cancer Retreats, GoJenGo Foundation and the LIVESTRONG Foundation. 24 Foundation provides charity non-competitive cycling and walking events – in Charlotte, NC, Baltimore, MD and Indianapolis, IN – that are safe, fun and open to all levels of cycling and walking abilities. For more information, call 704-365-4417 or visit www.24foundation.org.
In the Charlotte, NC office
One – Communication and Marketing Coordinator
This position is a key member of the management team, mainly responsible for creating and implementing all communications from 24 Foundation, while supporting all mission-related events, to achieve and/or exceed annual recruitment and revenue goals. This position will also maintain priority relationships with all 24 Foundation beneficiaries and support the overall organization though event and process assistance throughout the year.
• Manage all 24 Foundation communication channels including, but not limited to the following: email, website, social media, blog and physical collateral.
• Serve as the liaison with outside public relation, graphic design, IT agencies and creative agencies.
• Establish, implement and manage 24 Foundation event communication and marketing, with a defined set of requirements and objectives with each sponsor.
• Establish, implement and manage 24 Foundation mission-related communication and marketing, with a defined set of requirements and objectives with each beneficiary.
• Assist team to achieve the recruitment and revenue goals for all scheduled 24 Foundation events through incentives and communication outreach.
• Manage all expense budgets, as it relates to communication and marketing.
• Manage a portfolio of top team, individual and beneficiary relationships in all event cities, including attendance at top team and partnered events.
• Assist in the material creation, and expansion of, additional 24 Foundation signature events.
• Assist in the material creation of additional revenue opportunities for 24 Foundation, including grant and scholarship funding opportunities.
• Maintain organization rebranding process and all branding responsibilities.
• Establish, implement and manage annual giving campaigns, including a year-end giving campaign
Role Responsibilities (continued).
• Assist with the expansion of signature 24 Foundation fundraising events and campaigns.
• Create a year-end impact report each March, showing the previous years impact via beneficiaries and community events.
• Manage digital and physical archives of marketing and communication files, including media lists, press clips, collateral, etc.
• Manage database functions, including outreach segmentation lists.
• Identify leads through online leads management programs to engage 24 Foundation with local corporations, major donors and reoccurring donors.
• Commit to excellent customer service.
Education and specialized skills requirements:
• B.A. degree in Marketing or Communications.
• 3-5 or more years of industry experience.
• One year of experience with a content management system [CMS] and customer relations management system [CRM].
• Familiarity in SalesForce, BaseCamp, WordPress and MailChimp are a plus.
• Intermediate proficiency with with InDesign and MicrosoftS Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel).
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Superb graphic design skills, specifically with InDesign.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
Our people are our strategic weapon. So of course, we have created a great place to work. We do this by focusing on how we challenge, train and grow our team of leaders. We want to see our organization have a positive impact on every team member, from personal growth to improving their professional skills as well as opportunities for advancement. Naturally, being on an excellent team has rewards beyond these soft qualities of a great place to work. 24 Foundation provides competitive compensation and a benefits plan, including 12 paid holidays, 401K plan and access to an annual bonus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.