Associate Marketing Manager
Positec is a new global brand company engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of power tools, lawn and garden equipment and accessories, which are sold around the world to professional contractors and home improvement enthusiasts. Since its founding in 1994, Positec has achieved industry-leading growth and employs almost 4,000 people in 12 countries to become a truly global competitor in the power tool industry.
Positec is a company built on a passion for innovation, best-in-class customer care and a commitment to make a difference in the world.
Looking for a unique work environment and culture to thrive in? Do you love to help people and are passionate about customer service? Then we want to talk to you!
We firmly believe that our company is only as good as the people we employ. Join a company that values its employees and rewards them for a job well done!
Positec is proud to offer world-class benefits, including:
• Competitive wages.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Company paid short-term-care, long-term-care and basic life insurance.
• Up to 3 weeks paid time off.
• 401(k) with company match after 30 days of employment.
• Fun, casual work environment.
• Employee outings and community service projects.
• Flexible work schedule.
• Health and fitness programs.
• Growth opportunities.
• Exposure and visibility to senior management to make a real voice of change.
• In-house Starbucks refreshments for employees.
Purpose of the position:
Position offers a great opportunity to blend strategic thinking and analysis with creative development and project management skills. Works with comprehensive sales, marketing and HQ teams on full brand and product portfolio activities related to preparing for launch through product retirement.
• Coordination with Marketing and Sales Departments.
• Coordinates POP / Promotion development for online retailers, co-op, two step, and independent retail accounts.
• Manages merchandising approval process with all retailers.
• Leads coordination with specified retailers on merchandising rollouts and digital assets distribution.
• Manages execution of special projects and promotions with retailers.
• Develops, maintains and communicates product and promotional launch calendars.
• Supports marketing and sales teams with sales presentation development.
• Provides promotional communications internally.
• Communicates needs and timing for key product launch promotions through retail channels.
• Supports Marketing Manager through communicating regular updates as strategies, timelines and new assets are developed.
• Supports Marketing Manager through development and distribution of digital media kits including new videos and other digital assets.
• Follows up with Web, Video Production, and Creative Director to ensure creative assets meet timelines committed.
• Assists in coordinating photo shoots, and working with HQ to gather digital assets.
• Develops marketing resources working with internal and external team members (concepting, writing, giving direction and feedback).
• Develops and maintains productive working relationships with vendors and freelancers.
• Product Launch Strategies.
• Supports Marketing Manager with the development and production of internal and sales focused product launch strategy documents.
• Works with cross-functional marketing areas when preparing fully integrated go-to-market launch plans and presentations.
• Helps develop brand and product marketing strategies based on market trends, sales data and primary research.
• Manages product launch calendars with NA product team and Chinese HQ – manages timelines, document execution, and updates calendars.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
• 5-7 years marketing or advertising experience and fully adept in Microsoft Office. Experience leading projects and working with web/ print design teams.
• Self-motivated, resourceful and have impeccable design and leadership skills.
• Strong project management & time management skills.
• Exceptional aesthetic sense and intuitive understanding of design principles.
• Ability to develop strong relationships and work with global, cross-functional teams and senior level executives.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
• Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills.
• Track record of solid strategic thinking. Ability to zoom out to high-level strategic work and zoom into detail work such as the execution of various marketing tactics.
• Ability to apply thought leadership to overall site strategy as well as translate product stories into compelling marketing messages.
• Excellent communications skills: timely follow-up, ability to articulate objectives, strategies and tactics to various cross-functional teams.
• Outstanding organizational skills and project management experience: ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to analyze data, interpret and develop fact-based recommendations to drive marketing decision-making.
• Ability to communicate persuasively and present effectively in a variety of presentation settings (one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, and management).
• Ability to thrive under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.