Product Development Manager (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Who our client is:
• Privately-held, Charlotte-based organization known for their creativity and ingenuity in their space.
• Top notch, highly engaged leadership with history of success and with great vision.
• Open door philosophy, emphasis on clear communication of goals and the expectation of collaboration to produce quality products.
Why you should consider this opportunity:
• The opportunity to be involved in the entire product development process; from conception, to gathering market research, to launch of new products.
• Culture is to be an employee-oriented, high performance organization that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and high integrity standards.
• Deep philanthropic commitment to both local and national programs that promote children, families and the environment.
What you will do:
• Maintain and understand brand aesthetic and collaborate with the Design team to support the development of an innovative product line.
• Act as a champion for both the consumer and retailer regarding the design and usability of the line. Translate market research into deliverable features and benefits that enhance the product value.
• Work collaboratively with overseas sourcing team to identify and develop items/assortments to accomplish trend and overall product development.
• Drive best costs and maintain an acceptable level of product quality.
• Assess the competition with respect to financial condition, trends, marketing and product strategy; react accordingly to ensure market leadership.
• Partner with cross-functional teams involved in the product lifecycle.
• Manage each step in the product development process in order to hit development deadlines. Including creating detailed tech specs, working with efficient tracking tools, analytics, and project management tools.
• Must be flexible in accepting assignments and direction, each of which can change to meet the needs of the business at any time.
How you are qualified:
• 5-7 years experience in consumer products or merchandising preferred.
• Knowledge of the product manufacturing techniques, fabrication and costing components that impact product line development.
• Strong understanding and working knowledge of product lifecycle.
• Attention to detail, organizational and solid communication skills are essential.
• Self-directed, decisive, motivated, inquisitive and energetic.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Knowledge of Tradestone a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Fashion and Apparel concentration a plus.
• Available and able to travel domestically and internationally (10-20%).