e-Business Marketing Manager
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
Role value proposition:
The eMail Marketing Manager will be a strategic partner to Brighthouse Financial marketing managers in creating impactful email programs that drive advisor engagement. This person will be responsible for supporting strategy, managing the technical execution of marketing campaigns across email and mobile channels. He/She will be a Salesforce Marketing Cloud expert, responsible for not only the execution of email programs but also manage the technical projects with vendors and internal teams. Additionally, this person will ensure that the growth of our platform incorporates best practices and follows the salesforce marketing cloud roadmap to proactively integrate enhancements into our programs.
• Build and execute email and mobile marketing campaigns, including dynamic content, triggers and HTML/CSS code.
• Configuration of dynamic components and scripting to deploy highly complex campaigns utilizing subscriber attributes, preferences and behavior.
• Responsible for technical implementation of triggers, drip series, and automations leveraging full functionality of Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
• Support maintenance and management of triggered and transactional marketing programs including optimization of existing programs through testing.
• Support technology feature enhancement for new and existing email programs.
• Lead technical discussions with internal and externals teams around campaign implementation.
• Perform email campaign performance analysis and regular reporting on testing outcomes.
• Maintain strong knowledge of email, our target customer, and competitive trends.
• Manages projects to ensure timely results and monitor their progress based on competing departmental priorities.
• Partner with internal Data and Technology teams to achieve optimal data segmentation and list development.
• Manage the relationship with email vendor Salesforce Marketing Cloud and work with them to bring on new technologies and upgrades to the tool.
• Adhere to budget and deadlines.
• Regularly solicits feedback from internal and external resources to enhance email marketing programs.
• Interacts with sales, product, enterprise resources, and other members of the marketing team to complete projects.
• Manages and reports on key metrics to demonstrate adoption rates and help refine future design efforts based on actual experience.
Essential business experience and technical skills:
• Requires BA degree.
• Minimum of 6-8 years marketing experience.
• Minimum of 3 years email marketing experience.
• Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science or related field.
• Knowledge of related technologies (HTML, CSS, SQL).
• Expert knowledge Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Products.
• Knowledge of email and mobile marketing best practices and guidelines (CAN-SPAM).
• Knowledge of and experience in all aspects of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, including highly targeted and personalized email execution, dynamic emails, as well as targeting, segmentation and metrics best practices.
• Knowledge of email service provider platforms and tools.
• Strong reporting, analytical and communication skills.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Broad knowledge of insurance and retirement products, services and the competitive landscape.
• Strong grammatical, editing and proofreading skills.
• Ability to establish priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently within tight time constraints.
• High-energy, creative, hands-on personality with a passion for top-quality results.
Americans Region – Marketing
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 35621