Data Loss Prevention Engineer (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Bank of America is seeking a highly motivated Information Security Engineer to join our Global Information Security team in a full-time position. This role is focused on providing hands-on operational deployment and support for commercial and custom software applications, with an emphasis on Data Loss Prevention (DLP) technology.
You will be a key individual contributor responsible for researching, designing, engineering, implementing, and supporting information security technologies with a focus on Microsoft environments. Your primary duties include leveraging your in-depth technical knowledge to manage and enhance the DLP product suite at the server, gateway, and endpoint level by providing direct application administration and troubleshooting, policy analysis/reviews, and controls management. The successful candidate must be willing to take rotational on-call duties as required.
This position will have interaction with and visibility to members of the Global Information Security senior leadership team as well as key business unit stakeholders. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work with a deeply committed team of recognized information security experts on high visibility security initiatives for the Bank.
Key individual contributor, with accountability for researching, designing, engineering, implementing, and supporting information security & directory technology systems (software & hardware). Utilizes in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to design & implement secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the Bank’s assets. Develops and implements security standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse environment (e.g. client server, distributed, mainframe, etc.). Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems. Typically 5-7 years of IT experience.
Required skills & experience:
• Ensure adherence to standard project management processes, and also drive for similar.
• Systems Engineering and Deployment experience. (3 to 5 years minimum).
• Must be able to identify, analyze and address problems to resolve issues whenever possible in way that minimizes negative impact and risk to the organization.
• Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight. Motivated and willing to learn.
• Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking.
• Effective communication skills.
• Must be comfortable in delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding.
• Must have strong leadership skills and qualities which enable you to work with peers and various levels of management.
• Information security engineering experience (2-4 years).
• Exposure or previous management of a Data Leak Prevention product, either data in motion, data at rest, or both.
• Implementation of security products or controls oriented around Windows Server and SQL Server environments.
• Proven ability to develop metrics which track both performance and effectiveness of deployed controls.
• Microsoft Product Experience (3-5 years).
• Active Directory design, auditing, troubleshooting.
• Windows Server 2008 configuration and administration, including IIS.
• Scripting and automation with Visual Basic, Perl, or Powershell in a Devops environment.
• SQL Server 2008 experience, with specific background in understanding the security models and basic SQL syntax.
• Strong written & verbal skills combined with a passion for collaboration and teamwork.
Desired skills & experience:
• Network architecture and troubleshooting, focused on switching and monitoring.
• Intermediate database administration experience and knowledge of SQL.
• Previous Bank of America Experience or other large financial institution experience.
• SANS GIAC and MCSE (Windows Server or SQL Server) certifications are a big plus.
• Linux/Unix administration experience.