Mid-Level Front-End Developer
Xceleration is an industry leading provider of employee recognition, incentive, & rewards programs. Rewarding works.
Xceleration is an industry-leading provider of incentive and recognition solutions for corporations looking to drive the performance of their employees, dealers or customers. We utilize our proprietary web-based software platform as a starting point, customizing for each Client to maximize results against their objectives. We are currently seeking a qualified Mid-Level Frond-End Developer to join our growing Charlotte-based team!
Key position responsibilities:
On a day-to-day basis, this position encompasses multiple responsibilities that are time-sensitive and require a high level of attention to detail. A successful employee in this role will be multi-talented, energetic, and willing to work hard and grow with our independent and fast-moving company.
You will be responsible for the front-end development of websites and communications for external and internal clients using industry-standard scripts and technologies. You will need to be familiar with proprietary Xceleration software and technologies in order to provide code in the optimal format for our platforms. Additionally, basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is needed to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
Other responsibilities will be varied and evolve with your position including, but not limited to cross-browser testing, graphic design, time tracking, project estimates and project planning.
Note that the specific duties and responsibilities outlined above are not intended to be a complete listing; and also, of course, that the specific tasks and duties are subject to change over time, depending upon Xceleration’s business needs. Other related responsibilities may be added, and/or changes may be made to the specific details outlined; however, this information is provided in order to give you a clear picture of the types of duties and tasks that this position will encompass on a day-to-day basis.
Skills and qualifications:
• Proficient with source code management using GIT.
• Experience with CSS preprocessors including SASS/SCSS, and LESS.
• Experience unit testing frameworks such as Karma, Jasmine, Jest.
• Experience with build tools such as Gulp and Webpack.
• Knowledge of WordPress, Drupal or any other CMS systems is a plus.
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Sketch or Photoshop.
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
• Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
Note: A Front End Developer is expected to deliver finished resources for the developer to incorporate into the app. However, quite often a front-end web developer needs to make some small adjustments.