Vice President of Partnership Sales (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Responsible for leading the Corporate Partnerships Sales Team in generating revenue through partnerships for Hornets Sports & Entertainment, including the Charlotte Hornets and Greensboro Swarm. This position will achieve team and individual revenue goals via the sales of team assets across the full swath of marketing channels and platforms. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the creation and utilization of specific sales tools, reporting and measurement mechanisms, and working in conjunction with the Corporate Partnership Activation Team.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Lead corporate sales team in prospecting and closing long term partners.
• Drive strategic partnership revenue growth over all properties within HSE, specifically focused on the Hornets and Swarm, leveraging the full complement of organization’s assets.
• Development of sales team through coaching, training, supervision and sales tools.
• Incorporate analytics and measurement analysis into prospecting and sales strategy.
• Build dynamic sales presentations for pitching business.
• Identify strategic processes for prospecting and closing business.
• Establish an expert understanding of the local marketplace.
• Follow national and international business trends and cultivate information into sales opportunities.
• Ensure accuracy of all financial sales forecasts, and reporting daily, weekly and annually for department.
• Actively use and ensure sales team is actively maintaining, Microsoft CRM system for tracking and sales prospecting status reporting.
• Maintain annual budget around sales expenses and assist department head in annual budget building.
• Comprehensive understanding of all sellable assets and rate card values.
• Continue to identify new assets and evolve current assets rate card values annually.
• Deep understanding and ability to drive partnership revenue through team digital assets across web, mobile and social media.
• Establish strong working relationships and trust across departments and with internal teammates.
• Seek out new learning/development opportunities to enhance job performance and skills.
• Create and maintain a calendar of prospect meetings, presentations and key calls.
• Additional duties as assigned by manager and/or HSE.
Required skills, experience and abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum of 5-8 years of corporate sales in sports or related field.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of successful team management.
• Outstanding leadership, sales and motivational skills.
• Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills.
• Ability to identify and evaluate strategic opportunities.
• Ability to develop business/brand plans and strategic/creative partnership proposals.
• Ability to collaborate across a full spectrum of stakeholders.
• Self-motivated, energetic and possessing a competitive instinct.
• Ability to find solutions and adapt.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and select holidays.