Director Community Engagement (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
United Way fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community.
The Director of Community Engagement reports to the Chief Marketing & Engagement Officer and is responsible for cultivating and developing strategic marketing-driven partnerships and sponsorships, including corporate partnerships, event sponsorships and cause marketing. This person also oversees the organization’s engagement groups and manages year-round engagement strategies through the development and implementation of individual and corporate engagement experiences and initiatives.
Major areas of responsibility:
• Drive the creation of strategic marketing partnerships, including strong corporate relationships, event sponsorships and causing marketing, leading the execution in collaboration with the Community Impact, Donor Relations, Marketing and Engagement, and Volunteer Center teams.
• Manage comprehensive year-round strategies that align the interests of groups and individuals with United Way’s community goals through the development and implementation of a range of individual and corporate engagement experiences and initiatives.
• Identify, initiate and strengthen community partnerships in order to expand United Way’s presence and impact.
• Partner with Donor Relations team to create and implement corporate partnerships and corporate recognition programs.
• Identify and cultivate event sponsorships to generate sponsorship revenue for event portfolio; responsible for cultivating in-kind and media sponsorships.
• Oversee promotion of the organization’s four engagement groups – A-LIST, LINC, Women United and Young Leaders.
• Act as an incubator for developing community engagement projects.
• Partner with Marketing and Engagement in terms of messaging, both broadly and to specific donor segments.
• Set success criteria, measure impact and evolve the strategy in order to impact brand awareness, engagement and revenue. Ensure that measurable baselines are established for ongoing measurement and analysis.
• Regularly communicate plans, report on results and set expectations with stakeholders.
• Provide support for raising alternate revenue outside the workplace campaign season.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
• Exceptional listener and communicator who can effectively convey information verbally and in writing.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple projects.
• Ability to work collaboratively and build strategic relations with colleagues, corporate partners, donors and volunteers.
• Knowledge of marketing and communications principles, including promotion, fundraising and public relations.
Education and experience required:
• Minimum five years of experience in a professional business environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or Marketing required or similar field.
Physical factors/working conditions:
• Indoor office environment.
• Occasional use of personal vehicle.
• Light lifting of supplies.
• Occasional non-regular hours.