Manager, Social Media (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The Manager of Social Media will develop and implement an innovative social media strategy and related content to support the Discovery Place brand objectives. Generate traffic and awareness of all Discovery Place Museums and cultivate engaging relationships with guests, media, bloggers, Museum stakeholders and the general public. Develop, plan and manage a brand-consistent voice to drive engagement and increase growth of Museum audience. This position will also manage the social advertising efforts.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Social media strategy – Establish and execute a social media marketing communications plan to meet Discovery Place goals and brand objectives. Develop and report on engagement goals and benchmarks for each platform and strategies to achieve those goals. Measure insights from social listening tools that inform future marketing efforts. Recommend course of action for future social media efforts.
• Social media content – Develop daily content for social channels while researching relevant social media conversations and tracking metrics. Manage branded online communities including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Google+; cultivate new communities when necessary. Build and manage content/editorial calendar in partnership with other Museum departments and sites. Actively respond to the social media community as the “voice” of Discovery Place with relevant and appropriate messaging. Collaborate with Manager of Digital Marketing & eCommunications to create regular blog posts and content to advance brand message.
• Social Advertising – Responsible for creating, developing and monitoring all social media advertising and marketing efforts. Collaborate with the Manager of Advertising and Promotions to develop a budget for social campaigns. Report on outcomes of efforts.
• Social media monitoring and reputation management – Manage all Discovery Place social accounts and serves as the point person in social outreach campaigns. Works with Director of Public Relations and Marketing for crisis communication, but should otherwise use own informed judgment to actively engage in all dialogue and answer questions on behalf of Discovery Place. Monitor Discovery Place’s presence on online review sites such as Yelp.com, TripAdvisor.com and others, and will respond quickly and efficiently. Communicate with necessary departments regarding the public’s feedback, complaints and conversations surrounding the brand that are taking place in the public sphere.
• Social media training – Oversee all company-approved employee social media accounts. Develops and executes training for employees using social media on behalf of the organization. Sets up all social media accounts for approved employees. Establish, implement and evaluate social media policies, and monitor employee adherence to these policies.
• Other – Advocate for Discovery Place in the social media space. Stay actively aware of new social media tools, trends, technologies and emerging platforms, advising Marketing team when necessary. Work in tandem with the Director of Public Relations and Marketing to ensure seamless interactions with groups that may be cross functional including media and bloggers.
Employees of Discovery Place should uphold the mission, vision and values of the organization. We strive to provide exceptional service through four core values: uncommon courtesy, the pursuit of personal excellence, teamwork and inclusion. We value the diversity of opinions and intellectual thought and encourage an environment where employees can share ideas openly.
Qualifications and experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; three to five years related experience and demonstrated social media experience. Demonstrated experience in social media and an excellent understanding of the power of social media marketing (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, blogs and forums). Ability to develop, implement and evaluate a social media marketing strategy and monitor that strategy using metrics. Ability to carefully develop fun, entertaining and informative content with quick response time that makes guests and followers feel like they have direct access to Museum staff. Ability to build constructive and effective relationships online, use tact and react well under pressure. Basic photography and videography skills required.
Must be a creative thinker and should be able to express that creativity in written and verbal communications. Must have strong writing skills and demonstrated experience in writing for social media.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel/spreadsheet software. Must have experience with social media platforms and metrics including (but not limited to) Facebook Insights, HootSuite, Twitter monitoring. Experience creating and editing videos is desirable.
Oversees all Discovery Place, Inc. owned social media accounts, and supervises social media activities of Discovery Place, Inc. employees with company-approved social media accounts.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and drive.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of this job. Other duties may be assigned. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.