Chief Financial Officer (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
YWCA Central Carolinas is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. YWCA Central Carolinas provides transitional housing, youth programming, racial justice programming and fitness services in the Charlotte region. YWCA Central Carolinas is a not-for-profit corporation with an operating budget of $3 million.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the organization. Critical duties include:
• Financial Reporting: Perform a hands-on monthly close process. Prepare financial reports for staff leadership and volunteer Board and Committees. Coordinate and oversee annual audit by independent accountants.
• Budget: Develop annual organizational operating budget through coordination with program directors, executive staff and Board of Directors. Monitor actual results against plan.
• Grant Reporting: Prepare budgets for various grant applications and prepare subsequent reporting as required by funding sources.
• Cash Management: Manage operating and reserve cash balances. Oversee disbursement process.
• Human Resources: Provide oversight of the Human Resources function and remain current on applicable regulations and laws.
• Facilities: Provide oversight of the facility management contract and long-range capital planning budget.
• Technology: Provide for technology needs through delegation and outside administrator.
• Compliance and Internal Controls: Establish finance policies and procedures. Implement and monitor accounting controls. Insure compliance with relevant regulatory authorities.
• Risk Management: Implement procedures to reduce risk. Evaluate insurance needs and coordinate annual insurance renewal.
• Volunteer Coordination: Coordinate and perform administrative tasks for the volunteer Finance Committee and Endowment Board.
• Supervision: Supervise Finance Manager and Director of Human Resources.
Core leadership qualities:
• Effective communicator, with demonstrated written and presentation skills.
• Works collegially, is a proven team player showing respect for the dignity of others.
• Able to lead a team in managing multiple and often simultaneous tasks with competence.
• Bachelor’s Degree, with a major in Accounting.
• CPA is preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Eight years previous work experience in accounting.
• Supervisory experience required.
This position is full-time exempt and salaried at a range of $74-$82,000, based upon experience.