Privately-held Carlisle & Company is the preferred provider of strategic guidance and tactical solutions for many of the world’s most prestigious motor vehicle brands. Our expertise is in after-sales program development and enterprise strategy, after-sales best practices and benchmarking, and vehicle market strategies for industry-leading manufacturers. Our projects include supply chain strategies, sales and marketing, pricing and brand strategies, market sizing and share model, market research and customer satisfaction surveys.
Our clients are a broad range of domestic and import original equipment manufacturers, including Volkswagen, General Motors, Caterpillar, and Daimler Trucks. Carlisle & Company takes pride in its dynamic and entrepreneurial culture, its non-hierarchical structure, and commitment to providing the best solutions to our clients. We are looking for people who want to help create company, not just fit into one. To learn more about us, please visit www.carlisle-co.com and LinkedIn/Carlisle & Company.
Carlisle & Company offers exciting opportunities for professionals to be engaged with global challenges in the motor vehicle industry, and to contribute to a growing company. We are passionate about the industry, the products and solving problems.
Carlisle is aggressively expanding its Data Analytics practice by building data-intensive applications to help our clients better understand and manage their supply chains, customers, and vehicles. This practice acts like a start-up but is part of a mature, stable and profitable company.
We seek a Software Engineer to join our growing team to assist with developing our applications and focus on deploying and keeping them running. The ideal candidate will have cross-functional interests and skills, such as front-end development, and will want to make the most of their core skills while building new expertise. This position is based in Charlotte, NC.
Key application areas include: predictive analytics for customer behavior and inventory management, telematics signal analysis, and multi-tier supply chain simulation.
• Work closely with the development and data science teams to deploy and maintain production applications.
• Ensure high reliability and performance for these applications.
• Enhance our continuous integration and delivery tools processes.
• Seek personal fulfillment and success of the Data Analytics team.
Required skills and experience:
• BA or BS (or higher) in computer science or other quantitative field (in lieu of degree, an additional 3 years of relevant work experience).
• 2+ years of system administration and/or DevOps roles.
• Experience deploying and maintaining AWS-based applications with significant data and/or computational throughput.
• Experience deploying Docker containers for production applications.
• Expertise with both Linux and Windows OS.
• Write code in one or more of Python, Bash, C, C++, Golang, Scala.
• Adhere to agile and lean principles.
• Listen well and communicate clearly.
• Have strong opinions about DevOps but will adapt in the face of even better ideas.
Additional skills and experience:
• Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence).
• Other cloud platforms (Azure, Google).
• Apache Spark.
• NoSQL databases: Solr, ElasticSearch, Redis, MongoDB.
• IBM TM1.