The project replacing the old Common Market and Food Truck Friday in South End has finally been fully green-lighted after Dimensional Fund Advisors and developer Cousins Properties had their plans approved.
Here are the key details, according to the finalized plans:
- 25,000 square feet of retail
- Retail space breakdown: two on Camden, one at Tryon and Camden, one at Tryon and Park.
- 254,000 square feet of office space
- 300+ jobs (the amount of office space suggests more than 300)
- 600+ space parking deck (why the hell do we still need such a giant garage right on a light rail station, woof)
- Retail pushed to the street
- Walkable streetscape with tree lined sidewalks
- Green roof
- A really cool tenant-only dining terrace that I hope they eventually open to public use
- Solid building materials being used from brick to sandstone
- 163′ tall
The project is already well under construction with site grading going on now. We will just all have to wait and see how the finished product comes out. One thing is for sure, it will forever change the area.
The key now is to get fantastic tenants into the retail spaces. No chains, keep it local, keep it cool.