Marketing Coordinator-Program Experience (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Under the direction of the Senior Marketing Director of Program Experience and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Marketing Coordinator Program Experience will be responsible for supporting and implementing marketing strategy and execution (sales, positioning, cross-promotion) of key Association programs including day camp, resident camps, afterschool/preschool, youth and adult sports, dance/gymnastics and aquatics. In addition, this role assists with production and design, writing, editing and proofing content across all marketing mediums.
• Collaborate with the Association teams and branches to support integrated marketing and communication plans and campaigns that drive program growth, program retention and member participation.
• Support execution of a strategic, measurable digital integration strategy that leverages and drives a high-quality connection continuum specific to driving program revenue, retention and participation.
• Support creation of high-quality, targeted materials and messaging and ensure YUSA brand standards (voice, messaging) are met.
• Project manage processes and timelines to ensure marketing work stays on track.
• Develop, create and edit high-quality content in a timely way, within brand standards that is appropriate to specific marketing channels.
• Partner with membership and H&W directors to collect timely and accurate information in order to effectively market and sell.
• Partner with the marketing team to execute web, digital, social media and e-mail tactics.
• Coordinate development and production of materials (posters, banners, flyers, collateral) and manage delivery/installation with merchandising team.
• Track and monitor marketing analytics and provide timely updates.
• Partner with branch directors and the Association Office/Y Experience to help manage communication, input and insight to strengthen marketing and programming.
• Attend and support branch and Association events, as appropriate and serve on appropriate committees and sub-committees as determined by supervisor.
• Build relationships and confidence with branch teams through high-quality work and execution, on-site presence and scheduled meetings and updates.
• Attend and contribute to key meetings in the branch, community and Association.
• All other duties as assigned.
YMCA competencies (Leader):
• Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
• Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
• Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
• Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area, 5 – 7 years experience in digital marketing.
• Four-year college degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field or equivalent years of work-related experience.
• One to two years professional experience in sales, marketing, organizational communication and/or media relations.
• Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, written and oral communications skills.
• Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to discern appropriate priorities.
• Energetic, self-directed, proactive and deadline-driven.
• Experience with editing, proofing and fact-checking (in compliance with brand standards).
• Must be able to represent the YMCA in a professional manner.
• Ability to thrive and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven track record in organization, efficient processes and project management.
• Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office and Photoshop and the ability to become proficient in Association-specific software.
• Sit for extended periods of time.
• Push, pull and lift up to 30 lb.
• Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
• Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to communicate in English, written and oral.