Digital Marketing Manager (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Collaboratively with the Association Marketing Department and consistent with the mission of the YMCA of Greater Charlotte, the Digital Manager will be responsible for the leading the strategy, creation and management of the Association’s digital efforts and resources. This position will work collaboratively across the Association to lead, plan, develop and execute digital marketing strategies that support the Association’s growth priorities while adhering to the YUSA and the YMCA of Greater Charlotte graphic standards and priorities.
• Based on strategic priorities, develop digital email strategy and recommendations, lead and manage email marketing campaigns; track and analyze metrics for measurement and insight.
• Provide counsel, training and support around digital strategy and technical requirements; serve as a high-quality, technical troubleshooter with internal clients.
• Based on strategic priorities, create, manage and develop high-quality, strategic and brand compliant website content and design to support the Association marketing plan, including: manage content, design and graphic creation, updating homepage and all corporate pages of the website, provide branch page updates when necessary, and manage/oversee development and placement of Association digital signage/creative assets.
• Drive/lead collaborative and forward-thinking relationships with critical digital partners: Ettain, ExactTarget, YOGC IT team, TYV.
• Lead thinking and collaboration around new website and email functionality and proactively serve as a subject matter digital expert.
• Train staff on web updates, new tools and upcoming campaigns.
• Analyze traffic trends and develop recommendations and strategies for improvement.
• Lead process and manage systems to assure timely updates to all association web pages and provide branches with tools to the do the same.
• Support and guide on digital branch strategies.
• In conjunction with the Metro Marketing team, support and manage efforts to format and inventory email/web assets (photos, images, content).
YMCA competencies (Leader):
• Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
• Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
• Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
• Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area, 5 – 7 years experience in digital marketing.
• Proficiency in CMS and e-commerce websites/platforms (Kentico preferred).
• Hands on experience/proficiency in industry email platforms (Exact Target, SilverPop).
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
• Experience in HTML.
• Excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills.
• Energetic, multi-tasker.
• An independent, self-directed, proactive team player.
• Experience managing digital projects within agreed-upon budget parameters.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams.
• Experience with project management software and ability to learn Association specific software applications.
• Proven competence in developing relationships at multiple levels and across functions of an organization.
• Strong proven ability to operate independently and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to balance competing priorities and to adapt to changing requirements.
• Sit for extended periods of time.
• Push, pull and lift up to 30 lb.
• Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
• Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to communicate in English, written and oral.