Y Community Financial Development Director (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Under the supervision of the Senior Financial Development Director and consistent with the Christian Mission of the YMCA, the Financial Development Director is responsible for the implementation, coordination and expansion of the North Y-Community Annual Support Campaigns. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting financial development efforts at several North Y-Community branches to increase revenue and providing the tactical leadership required to meet Annual Support Campaign and Special Event Goals.
• Provide support to Senior Financial Development Director and Executive Directors in the prospecting, cultivation and solicitation of Annual Support Campaign donors and event sponsors.
• Motivate and lead branch staff and volunteer teams in developing and implementing Annual Support initiatives to meet assigned goals and to support the structure and overall organization of the Annual Campaign.
• In conjunction with branch Administrative staff and team leaders, ensure proper processing, tracking, financial reconciliation, acknowledgement, recognition and collections of Annual Campaign pledges and special event sponsorship commitments adhere to Association standards.
• Under leadership of Senior Financial Development Director, research potential funding sources such as foundations, government entities, corporations and other grant making organizations and help develop proposals while adhering to Association grant reporting policy.
• Effectively document status of Annual Campaign through monthly reports, inclusive of tracking branch division progress; and maintain up-to-date communication of branch progress with Senior Financial Development Director.
• Develop strong relationships with staff and understanding of Programs within assigned branches in order to best serve their fundraising needs and inspire their dedication to branch fundraising efforts.
• Provide leadership and training to the North Y-Community branch staff and volunteer fundraisers for Annual Support Campaign divisions.
• Partner with branch staff and Association Marketing Team to ensure appropriate sponsorship recognition and relationship management.
• Ensure positive experience by Donors who need assistance with service related to their gift, pledge or Association recognition.
• Develop and maintain expertise in Raiser’s Edge fundraising software application and utilize expertise to support Financial Development branch efforts.
• Assist with maintenance of donor records in database for quality control and reporting out accuracy as it relates to the Annual Campaign.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
YMCA competencies (Leader):
• Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with
a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
• Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships
to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
• Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively manages and works within set budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
• Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
• Four year college degree, preferably in philanthropy, business, psychology, or related field.
• A minimum of 1-3 years experience in financial development; strong fund raising skills with proven track record of sourcing and securing financial support (gifts and/or sponsorships).
• Ability to work independently in a team setting in order to meet established deadlines and goals.
• Enthusiastic personality with the ability to develop and sustain harmonious relationships with staff, members, volunteers and community leaders.
• Demonstrated skills in implementation of outlined organizational procedures, specific to Annual Support Campaign initiatives.
• Demonstrated skills in facilitating fundraising training programs for branch staff and volunteers or transferable applicable skills.
• Ability to work with diverse populations within multiple branches in the North Y-Community.
• Computer literate in MS Office Suite, Publisher and the ability to become proficient in Association-specific applications; Raisers Edge experience a plus.
• Ability to manage confidential information and materials.
• Demonstrated organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills with proven attention to detail.
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
• Successful completion of all trainings and certifications required in compliance with the Quality Standards within allotted timeframe.
Work environment & physical demands:
• Sit for extended periods of time.
• Push, pull and lift up to 30 lb.
• Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to communicate in English, written and oral.