Staff Accountant (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The big picture:
Our brewery is seeking a Staff Accountant to manage and oversee many of the day-to-day financial operations of the business and assist with monthly and quarterly financial statement preparation. Daily tasks consist of managing AP/AR, maintaining detailed balance sheet schedules and managing purchase orders and receipts of inventory. Monthly and quarterly duties will include bank reconciliations, preparing general ledger entries, and production/ sales specific tax preparation. Candidates must share Sycamore Brewing’s commitment to quality, safety, business ethics, and continuous innovation.
The everyday view:
• Process mail to book accounts payable.
• Ensure that all bills and expenses are booked in accordance with the correct general ledger accounts.
• Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivables in QuickBooks and work with the sales team to follow up with delinquent accounts.
• Serve as the central hub for all payment needs from other team members.
• Work closely with the operations team to adjust, post and send customer invoices through Ekos, our brewery management software.
• Work closely with the purchasing manager to post purchase orders and receive inventory in Ekos.
• Maintain customer pricing lists in Ekos updating any new barrel aged, seasonal or year around beers.
• Assist with the preparation and filing of Excise, TTB, CRV, and Sales Tax on a monthly basis.
• Perform monthly Workers Compensation calculations and submit designated template to insurance provider.
• Reconcile bank accounts and credit cards and distribute credit card statements to individual card holders to complete expense reports with receipt substantiation.
• Maintain a detailed fees schedule on all financed and leased equipment and ensure amounts tie to Balance Sheet.
• Maintain a detailed Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedule and ensure amounts tie to Balance Sheet.
• Maintain an accurate Income Statement in QuickBooks for multiple locations utilizing different “class” codes.
• Assist with analyzing budget variances and updating budget forecasts based on historical information.
• Research and implement process improvements by leveraging current and new information systems.
• Perform regular analysis of sales reports through the brewery’s POS system – Aloha – and identify meaningful trends.
• Generate labor reports and process bi-weekly payroll through ADP.
• Be a team player and able to interact with all levels within the organization.
• Adhere to and enforce all applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
• Other tasks as needed.
Desired skills and experience:
• Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application.
• Able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of accounting or financial analysis experience is required.
• Must be financially literate and able to read Financial Statements.
• Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 3 years accounting/finance work experience.
• Accounting software experience is required, ERP experience is a plus.
• Able to handle multiple tasks at one time efficiently and with an upbeat, friendly attitude.
• Self-motivating with the desire to implement and improve processes.
• Thorough attention to detail and ability to take the initiative.
• Must adhere to company’s policies and procedures.
• Ready to work in an innovative and rapidly growing company.
• Openness to furthering skills and knowledge base through further education as identified by and paid for by the brewery.
• Up to 15% travel time may be required.
Physical and mental requirements:
• Able to work in an office environment and perform work at a desk for extended periods of time.
• Able to both work and thrive in a high-stress environment that has a quiet to moderate noise level.
• Able to stand, walk, and be on your feet for prolonged periods.
• Able to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift and carrying supplies and equipment weighing up to 55 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools.
• Able to maneuver packages of any weight above 75 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance.
• Able to work in and around a factory/production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, and hot.
• Able to work in indoor and outdoor environment with moderate noise, sometimes slippery floors.
• Able to comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards.
**Applications Accepted Until This Role Is Filled**
Equal employment opportunity:
Sycamore Brewing strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].