Consumer Lending Analyst
Come grow with us! Health Credit Services (HCS) is one of the top health care lending companies in the market, and one of the fastest growing. Collaborating across health care, finance, and technology to deliver innovative solutions, we are building a strong team to make it happen. Now is the time to jump on board to have a meaningful impact on our future, and yours!
The Finance and Analytics team has an immediate opening for Consumer Lending Analyst. As a trusted business partner, you will lead deep analysis to help our management make informed decisions. You will work with business partners to develop metrics, analyze trends, prepare reports, and generate forecasts. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen and technical knowledge to develop and deliver tools and analysis enabling informed and targeted decision making to drive continuous improvement.
Work will involve general financial and credit risk analysis for unsecured lending products. You will work with internal and external business partners to perform both ad-hoc and periodic standard analyses to interpret financial results and assess both profitability and risk performance of our products and portfolios.
• Working closely with cross-functional business partners to understand and provide insights to monthly performance and forecasts.
• Analyzing and tracking key P&L and risk drivers.
• Evaluating portfolio performance and develop strategies to mitigate losses/delinquencies, improve approval rates while balancing risk.
• Developing business metrics and dashboards.
• Assisting in development and delivery of monthly/regular reporting packages for internal and external stakeholders.
• Ad hoc analysis, modeling, and additional responsibilities as required.
• Recognizing system and platform inefficiencies and recommending opportunities for improvement.
• Strongly prefer candidate that has prior experience at a financial institution and specifically within consumer lending.
• Effective communication, presentation and writing skills.
• In depth knowledge of financial reporting processes.
• MS Excel and PowerPoint expert.
• Experience with SQL/SSRS/BI reporting tools a plus.
• Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis.
• Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical.
• Ability to take initiative and create concise and decision supporting analysis is essential.
• Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously.
• Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity.
• High level of motivation and initiative.
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is required, MBA or graduate degree a plus.
• 3-5 years relevant experience.
• Market-competitive base pay and potential for bonus pay/equity based on achieving personal and company goals.
• Access to medical/dental/vision insurance with company contribution toward medical premiums (up to $500/month).
• Pre-tax health savings and dependent care savings accounts.
• Access to basic life and AD&D, supplemental life, and disability plans.
• 401K Retirement Savings program.
• Flexible paid-time-off, including holidays, with an emphasis on work-life balance.
• The chance to thrive and learn alongside fun, driven, bright, creative individuals.
• Leaders who “get” that people are the fabric of the company (and more importantly, show it!).
• Offsite events to continually plan, develop, collaborate, reflect, play and celebrate as a team.
• Emphasis on career pathing to support ongoing growth/development.