Welcome to day four of the Charlotte heat wave or #CLTheatwave as we’re affectionately referring to it.
Unless you’ve been living inside a refrigerator (which would be weird), you’re aware that it’s hot in the Queen City. Like, record breaking hot. According to everyone’s favorite meteorologist Brad Panovich, we hit 99° on Tuesday, beating the 1994 record of 97°. Unless Nick Lachey is involved, I’ve got no use for anything above 98 degrees #amiright.
Let’s commiserate this suffocating week together as we present:
10 phrases that perfectly describe the #CLTHeatWave
(1) Walking out the door each morning feels like easing into a hot tub full of warm soup.
(2) The one thing runners along Little Sugar Creek Greenway, ultimate Frisbee players in Freedom Park and anyone who goes to a lunchtime Knight’s game have in common.
(3) Opening your car door when it’s been baking in the sun is like stepping in front of a Charizard attack and just taking it.
(4) When you step outside, you start sweating like you’re in the 1 am dance floor crowd at Dandelion Market.
(5) Trekking to the Premium Outlets from the only available parking feels like crossing the Sahara.
(6) You reminisce on #snOMG and swear never to take a snow (dusting) day for granted again.
(7) Your friend wants to go the rooftop pool at the Ashton, but you know only lava awaits. IT’S A HEATED POOL, FRIEND!
(8) Even when a breeze blows, it feels like you’re sitting in front of a hair dryer.
(9) You finally understand what your Memaw meant by, “Sweating like a sinner in church.” It feels like you’re carrying the sins of Patrick Cannon in your perspiration.
(10) When people ask how you are, there’s only one response.