Business Analyst Professional Markets (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Applies technical knowledge in determining end to end design requirements for large projects involving line of business, software/hardware developers and vendors. Work closely with business partners to define strategies for technical solutions, determine requirements, and develop functional designs based on the analysis of line of business needs, objectives and existing systems infrastructure. Drives and participates in design, development and implementation of large and complex enterprise wide applications, often using new technologies. Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs. May manage projects including responsibility for a project and project budget. Works under minimal supervision on enterprise wide projects requiring creative solutions. IT degree preferred or substantially equivalent experience. Typically requires a minimum of 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for Employees supporting Global Markets.
The candidate’s primary role will be a Technical Analyst/Business Analyst as part of an Agile team working with a Hadoop technology stack. Candidate will work within an Agile development team to translate business processes into work for the Hadoop team. The Technical/Business Analyst will:
• Act as a liaison between business unit, developers and vendors.
• Participate in design, development and implementation of complex applications or systems, using Hadoop technologies.
• Serve as a fully seasoned, proficient technical resource.
• Participate as an individual contributor on work within assigned Agile Team, completing activities as a part of team related projects, special initiatives or operations.
• Often provide oversight and guidance to more junior business and systems analysts who are both in the US and offshore.
• Candidate should have ability to quickly learn and understand business processes. Should be able to gather requirements from diverse sources including technical partners and must possess excellent documentation skills.
Job responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Gather business requirements for existing data warehouse process and applications in production interviewing tech/SMEs.
• Profile data to solidify requirements, document use cases and acceptance criteria.
• Schedule walkthrough and business reviews to validate requirements.
• Identify, validate and document metadata usage and data lineage as data is transformed in a DW application.
• Map business process flows using Visio.
• Proficiency and experience with Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies.
• Experience in requirements gathering, definition, business planning, data analysis, process analysis, business and functional requirements analysis, system design, testing, implementation and change management.
• Strong skills reading shell scripts and Informatica mappings and converting to text and diagram documents explaining source elements, transformation logic, and target elements.
• Strong skills reading and understanding SQL.
• Strong skills preparing high level design documents.
• Strong skills preparing traceability documents.
• Strong Visio diagramming skills.
• IT BA degree.
• 10+ years of experience as a Technical Analyst/Business Analyst.
• 5+ years experience in data warehouse environment.
• 5+ years experience with domain knowledge in Credit Risk data.
• 1+ year experience with Big Data.
• Self-motivated individual with ability to define and execute own tasks under an aggressive project schedule.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in a complex and changing environment.
• Previous Bank of America experience as business analyst.
• Master’s Degree in computer science.
• Experience in Hadoop platform.