Senior Application Developer (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Payzer is the all-in-one financial tool that helps contractors grow their business. We help our customers by providing:
• Easy to use online and mobile payment solutions.
• Instant loan decisions that help grow average order size.
• Effective promotional offers that help close business.
• Simple electronic cash management.
• Rich financial and customer level reporting.
Our Application Developers play an extremely critical role in company by creating and maintaining web applications whose features and usability are “positively disruptive” for our customers. If you like to create systems that people will use (and love because their jobs become much easier), then please keep reading!
As a Senior Application Developer, you will be responsible for designing, coding, testing, and perfecting a variety of web applications that service our customers. Our technical stack is traditionally LAMP, but we are moving toward a microservices architecture that allows a mix of “best tool for the job” technologies. As a growing company, we have many opportunities to create/enhance our product offerings, and as such you will have the chance to work both individually as well as with teammates to utilize your technical talents. Our Application Developers also assist with production support needs, although only as a second or third tier. You will be asked to help solve production problems, but it will not be an overwhelming task time-wise.
• Good humans with a positive attitude.
• Bright, inquisitive and good at getting things done.
• Good problem solvers with lots of intellectual curiosity.
• Great at listening to other people.
• Able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
• Ready to work hard, learn and grow in a fast paced environment.
• Eager to be part of a great team on an exciting ride in the heart of South Charlotte.
• Honest, fun to be around and cool to work with while getting the job done.
• At least 8 years of Application Development experience. LAMP stack experience is required, and Java experience would be a HUGE plus.
• A good bit of experience with RDBMS technologies (preferably MySQL), including database design, normalization, moderately complex queries (inserts, updates, joins, the normal stuff).
• Experience with payment platforms or gateways preferred.
• Previous experience with compliance requirements, such as PCI-DSS, SAS, or SOC preferred.
• Experience with the Amazon AWS offerings is a HUGE plus.
• We prefer it if you went to college but even if you didn’t, we’re open to getting together to talk.
• The chance to be early at a fast growing, fully funded venture backed startup. You won’t be just another drone at Payzer. You can get in on the ground floor.
• A professional work environment that’s non-corporate. We’re not big on meetings, have a casual dress code and while we work hard, we care about our families and are cool if you do, too.
• Strong training, mentoring and coaching. We’ll invest in making you better at what you do!
• Medical insurance: Choice of 3 plans including a 100% employer paid plan.
• Dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance.
• Company-sponsored 401(k) plan.
• FSA and HSA Accounts.
• Paid time off