Fast facts on the Catawba Brewing facility coming to Charlotte
- Located in the old Kellogg plan in Belmont near the restaurant Intermezzo.
- Catawba has leased a little over 10,000 square feet (the entire building is massive, this is just a portion).
- Taproom will be 6,000 square feet (D3 Studio is doing the design). The other 4,000 will be dedicated to production.
- The space has high ceilings, concrete floors, and ample access.
- Total investment will be over $1 million.
- Amazing views of Charlotte’s skyline with both indoor and outdoor settings.
- The manufacturing side will be fully visible from the retail area. 10 barrel setup from their old Morganton operations, with fermenters up to 30 barrels.
- Full bottling line at the facility. Expect to see their flagships like White Zombie and Mother Trucker.
- Tanya Birch will be managing the Charlotte operations. She’s moved to Plaza Midwood and will be hiring staff soon.
When will the Catawba Brewing Facility open?
- Goal is to be open early spring.
- Exterior work is underway. They’ve not received final permitting for our interior modifications.
- If permitting goes smoothly, interior work will start in November.