Public Relations/Content Marketing Account Manager
Public Relations/Content Marketing Director
The Public Relations Account Manager manages public relations and content programs and initiatives. They work collaboratively with Account Leads and Account Coordinators for planning, management and execution of integrated programs that can include strategic planning, media relations, thought leadership, event planning, social media strategy and execution, website and newsletter content development, influencer marketing and other strategies that engage our client’s brand’s end users.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Work with the Public Relations Lead and/or Content Lead to plan, define, complete and deliver client projects on time and on budget.
• Support the development of public relations and content initiatives in all forms for assigned client business and any business development projects as assigned.
• Write content, including news releases, media advisories, bylined articles, feature stories, blogs and social media posts.
• Plan special events, such as editor round tables, product launches and more.
• Work with the Public Relations Account Coordinator to manage use of agency’s software to track editorial clips and produce and manage client clip reports.
• Manage social media strategy and work with the Public Relations Account Coordinator to manage social media programs.
• Manage daily proactive and reactive media relations activities, reviewing editorial calendars, identifying story angles, and contacting editors, reporters, and assignment editors while responding to incoming inquiries for information and coordinating interviews.
• Work closely in conjunction with Account Leads, Project Managers, Connections and Creative Teams and Directors to ensure an integrated program and seamless project workflow.
• Oversee coordination of project quality to ensure highest quality deliverables.
Skills & experience:
• At least two years of experience in an agency setting or similar environment.
• Strong writing skills are mandatory, including ability to quickly understand and write about topics in diverse industries.
• Ability to write for various formats, including breaking-news news releases, technical bylined articles, problem-solution case studies, and inspiring newsletter copy.
• Proven media relations experience.
• Understanding of social media best practices and ability to use social media tools to execute creative ideas.
• Familiarity with VOCUS/Cision a plus.
At Wray Ward, we firmly believe that internal and client relationships are a key to our success. Certain attitudes define how we work and are important in what we seek for our culture and mission. Key Agency attitudes are:
• WE, NOT ME We check our egos at the door. As a result, we thrive in a positive, collaborative atmosphere that welcomes diverse professionals and invites everyone to contribute their best.
• ASK “WHAT IF?” Always going beyond what is and considering what could be, we create unexpected possibilities that differentiate our brands and accelerate their success.
• BE FEARLESS Creativity demands that we hold nothing back. So we mutually support each other in speaking up, taking risks and courageously contributing audacious, unedited, unconventional ideas.
• NAIL IT Everything we do is about results. We not only achieve our clients’ goals, but continually exceed their expectations. Every person here shares individual responsibility for their own, our agency’s and our clients’ success.
Day in and day out, we will passionately create the most innovative, engaging and effective work in the home category – we will live it, we will breathe it, and we will own it.